What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: For All Ya'll Hot Tub Groupies...  (Read 5982 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
For All Ya'll Hot Tub Groupies...
« on: September 20, 2007, 04:39:22 pm »
...that like learning about the spa business, here's an interesting article I ran across that I thought ya'll might enjoy.

http://www.themanufacturer.com/us/profile/3259/Watkins_Manufacturing?PHPSESSID=c88bc

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

For All Ya'll Hot Tub Groupies...
« on: September 20, 2007, 04:39:22 pm »

In Canada eh

Re: For All Ya'll Hot Tub Groupies...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 04:53:58 pm »
Term,

I don't know if its available but I would love to see photos of the manufacturing process
Bullfrog 451

txwillie

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 04:59:38 pm »
I toured an acrylic shower manufacturing facility a year or so ago. They used similar vacuum forming methods. Pretty neat stuff, at least to geeky engineers like me.

txwillie

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 05:05:11 pm »
 Nice read!!!  But its what every spa manufacturer wants??   There spa in everyones backyard.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 05:11:01 pm »
Term,

I don't know if its available but I would love to see photos of the manufacturing process

http://www.hotspring.com/About_Hot_Spring_Spas/videos-hot-tubs-podcasts.html

Go to the above page...there are several little video clips.  One of them shows the little ol' Oomper Loompers building the dang things.

Term

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 05:24:30 pm »
[size=24]WTF ?????[/size]

"Traditionally, a hot tub is a wooden spa, which is apparently becoming extinct"

I WILL NOT BECOME A FOSSIL BEFORE MY TIME (or until my kid graduates collage) !!!
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 05:39:01 pm »
collage:..hodgepodge, random collection, clutter..
sorry Doc,  I couldn't resist, ::) I guess this article really upset you
Support your dealer so they can support you!

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 06:49:14 pm »
Term,

I'm in Southern California all the time, & have been meaning to see if any hot tub factories give tours - but my "significant other" always rolls her eyes at the idea...
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 06:51:28 pm »

"Traditionally, a hot tub is a wooden spa, which is apparently becoming extinct"

I WILL NOT BECOME A FOSSIL BEFORE MY TIME (or until my kid graduates collage) !!!

What did you say? I'm sorry, I can't understand you, I don't speak dinosaur.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 06:55:31 pm »
I'm in Southern California all the time, & have been meaning to see if any hot tub factories give tours - but my "significant other" always rolls her eyes at the idea...

Do it!  They have one room in which everything is eatable...edible....you can eat it.  The Supreme Leader will take you on a delectable journey which is simply filled with pure imagination.  They even have a boat ride! (I missed out on it...I got stuck in a suction tube in the chocolate filled spa years ago...that's what prompted HotSpring to implement Exclusive 100% No-Bypass Filtration).

Terminator

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 07:02:58 pm »
You could go through the Jacuzzi/Sundance factory but they would have to kill you at the end. Reason being, Hot Springs has a guy named slugworth waiting out front with money for info.

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 07:21:18 pm »
You could go through the Jacuzzi/Sundance factory but they would have to kill you at the end. Reason being, Hot Springs has a guy named slugworth waiting out front with money for info.

And you really need to be careful in the Air Blower & Aromatherapy room, or you could get blown up to the ceiling and get cut to ribbons on the exhaust fan.

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 07:24:21 pm »
Wait a minute. A guy is sure all his competitors are spying on him, and the entire industry is full of liars and frauds, so he builds his own top-secret facility and hires people who are exclusively loyal to him, and everybody else thinks he's nuts but he knows he's really a genius... I've heard this before...

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 11:04:33 pm »

Doc, sounds like you skipped "collage".  :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 11:14:17 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 12:09:15 am »

Doc, sounds like you skipped "collage".  :)

naaaaaaaaaaaaa, Even I spent a few weeks in college..... Spent more time in the sorority houses though  ;D

Had a GF that sold collage art supplies on line. Helped set up a web site for her...... Never could get the two spellings wright........ or is that write?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 12:09:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42