What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Have any of your customers ever video taped you?  (Read 9681 times)

solo

Have any of your customers ever video taped you?
« on: September 19, 2007, 08:27:02 am »
I read in another forum where it is suggested that you video tape your spa dealer/sales person.  

I have never done this nor am I going to.  But just curious if anyone here has had their sales pitch taped by a customer?

Hot Tub Forum

Have any of your customers ever video taped you?
« on: September 19, 2007, 08:27:02 am »

104 degrees

Re: Have any of your customers ever video taped yo
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 08:30:06 am »
I read in another forum where it is suggested that you video tape your spa dealer/sales person.  

I have never done this nor am I going to.  But just curious if anyone here has had their sales pitch taped by a customer?

Solo! Who do you work for?? Costco,hydro,gulf ??

solo

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 08:44:12 am »

Solo! Who do you work for?? Costco,hydro,gulf ??

That's an odd question 104.

I didn't say that I was going to do it.  I just said that I saw the suggestion on-line and wondered if it had happened to anyone here.

I obviously do not work in the spa industry.  I am merely a consumer.

txwillie

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 08:48:25 am »
Dude, you come up with some of the most bizzare s***t. I truly believe that you are insane.

txwillie

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 08:49:37 am »
We had one guy video tape everything each time he came into the shop when he was buyiing a tub.

solo

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 08:52:42 am »
Dude, you come up with some of the most bizzare s***t. I truly believe that you are insane.

txwillie

It's not my idea.  Again, another on-line forum makes this suggestion.  I merely wondered if any of the dealers had this happen to them.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 08:52:43 am »
ooohhh I wonder if dealers secretly video tape customers when they are wet testing...just wondering if any dealers on here have secret cameras in their showrooms.... ;D..Think of the fun Cooltoy would have with the pic of the day!!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

104 degrees

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 09:02:38 am »

That's an odd question 104.

I didn't say that I was going to do it.  I just said that I saw the suggestion on-line and wondered if it had happened to anyone here.

I obviously do not work in the spa industry.  I am merely a consumer.

Post a link to it. or tell us what forum you seen it on. you cannot answer my quetion on much time you spent on your wet test because you didnt wet test.

Come on post the link

104 degrees

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 09:03:47 am »

It's not my idea.  Again, another on-line forum makes this suggestion.  I merely wondered if any of the dealers had this happen to them.

Post the link!!! or tell us what forum and thread you seen it on!!

solo

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 09:20:38 am »

Post the link!!! or tell us what forum and thread you seen it on!!

This other forum seems to be more consumer oriented.  And I don't care to point all the people in this forum that don't like me already to a forum that I like.  

Sorry, no can do.  If you don't believe that I found that advice on another forum, then so be it.  Do your homework and find the forum if you want to.  

Will be leaving you guys alone for a while. Will let you know what spa I purchase.  

104 degrees

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 09:38:20 am »

This other forum seems to be more consumer oriented.  And I don't care to point all the people in this forum that don't like me already to a forum that I like.  

Sorry, no can do.  If you don't believe that I found that advice on another forum, then so be it.  Do your homework and find the forum if you want to.  

Will be leaving you guys alone for a while. Will let you know what spa I purchase.  

I thought so :P  

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 10:05:38 am »
I've seen that suggestion on another site as well.  It was waterphd.com or drh2o.com or something along those lines.  When I read it, I thought to myself "How weird would that be?"  The only drawback I could see is that I might get somewhat distracted during the presentation while trying to suck my gut in the whole time.

I have cameras placed all over the store and live streaming to the internet.  After a customer finishes soaking and changing clothes in the mood room, they are presented the opportunity of purchasing a spa and the master copy of their test soak.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

txwillie

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 10:11:29 am »

Please don't leave. While your posts are generally ridiculous and often aggravating, this is the most entertaining this site has ever been.

txwillie
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 10:12:35 am by txwillie »

solo

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 10:18:08 am »
I know you guys hate me.

Anyway, just for 104, I will post (not link) the entire article.  

The SALES PITCH
There are many angles to selling spas. When you are given a presentation on a spa, generally you will hear all about the horse power of the tub. You will hear about the fancy filtering systems. You will hear about the special jets, and the unique features that no other spa manufacturer has. You will hear about open celled foam and closed cell foam. You will hear about the benefits to having an air blower and the problems with having an air blower. Fact is what you are hearing is a sales pitch! I have yet to meet a sales person who did not have the best product available. I think a few really believed it, too.

What you need to do is listen to all the sales presentations in your area. Do not buy on impulse!!! A deal today will be a deal tomorrow, with very few exceptions!

The best recommendation I can give to keep 'em honest...
video tape the sales presentation if the sales person tells you that you cannot tape their presentation, for any reason, walk away and go to the next dealership.
There is a chance that they will think you are a competitor, if you believe they think this you can usually get them over it by giving them a business card.
Other than that there is no reason for them not to give you their presentation while you tape them.
I had a customer do it to me and ever since I video tape any sales presentation for a large purchase.
This method of "keeping them honest" saved my father a little over $20,000. He had a pool sales person come to his house and refuse to be video taped.
My Dad asked him to leave.
Two months later the company that this sales person was representing was on the news for ripping off their customers.
So if the idea of bringing a video camera with you makes you squeamish, remember it could save you thousands!
Just tell the sales man you are taping them so you can review all the information later at home.
This should satisfy them and give you a chance to review the information later without any pressure.

As a footnote: I have received "HATE emails" because of this suggestion.. so keep on taping them!

When in doubt get an outside opinion. That is one of the objectives of this web site.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 10:36:08 am »
How old was that post?  Seems to me I read it years ago.

I have never been openly video taped by a consumer.

However, my advice to dealers would be to not agree to be taped.  There is a thing called trust.  Of course you are hearing a pitch!  Salespeople sell, customers buy.

By the way, I once worked with a salesman who told his customers he could not tell them he had the best product.  All he could do is tell you what he has and why he has it and you, the customer, can tell him if it is the best for you.  

Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 10:36:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42