What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: need help on closing up tub for a while  (Read 1671 times)

water@104

• Sitting here doing what i do best!
need help on closing up tub for a while
« on: September 18, 2007, 02:44:58 pm »
What should i do when we shut down  for a few months. I am having work done and I need to move it out of the way. Any suggestions on what I should do to it besides drain the water? Winter is coming and I want to make sure it will make it through it in case it is not up and running by the time the cold weather comes. Any help would be great. :'(
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 02:55:45 pm by stick1970 »

Hot Tub Forum

need help on closing up tub for a while
« on: September 18, 2007, 02:44:58 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: need help on closing up tub for a while
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 04:56:24 pm »
Drain all the water out that you can.  Then use a wet vac to get out all the rest- be sure to suck out all the water that might still be in the plumbing.  This is especially true if the spa will be subject to freezing temperatures.  I'd also remove the filters and clean them and keep inside till you power back up.
 Read your owners manual if you have one, and see if they have any specific requirements unique to your spa.  
 Keep it covered, move it carefully, and all should be okay.
Brewman

mark 2550

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 11:58:36 pm »
Good advice but also un-screw the connections at all the pumps to allow for complete draining or you can add (RV anitifreeze) but be sure to read owners manual on this procedure. you would have to drain down to the circulation pump level first then about 3 gallons of antifreeze.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 11:58:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42