What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet test:  Hotsprings Sovereign not quite eno  (Read 26560 times)

solo

Re: Wet test:  Hotsprings Sovereign not quite eno
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2007, 05:10:07 pm »
Actually, I am sure Solo is going to buy.

He is simply making this a difficult process for himself and many dealers.  He is looking for someone to buy from asa much as for something to buy.

He has a case of what we call buyer's constipation.

Solo...make a decision.  The sooner you are in hot water the sooner you will feel better.  I know you don't trust salespeople and you want the best deal, but isn't the spa more important than the deal?

By the way, what was the 1st Hot Spring you wet tested?

You are SO right in saying that I am going to buy.  I wouldn't have driven 1 hr and 15 minutes to wet test a Sovereign if I wasn't serious.  I just need to find the right tub, the right dealer, and then a price I can live with.  I'm getting close.  But I won't be rushed.  No matter how many people try to rush or pressure me, I need to make a good decision here.  And good decision are almost never made in a hurry.  

The first hot tub I sat in I think was a HS Vista.  But as I recall, it had single moto.  So I am not certain.  The second HS I sat in was a Sovereign.  It just wasn't right for me.  I may go look at an Envoy, though I don't know that I can afford it.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2007, 05:10:07 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2007, 05:31:52 pm »
Solo,

What I am saying is if you get a Hot spring, Sundance, Bullfrog, Caldera or one of several other brands, it will be a good decision.

You will not find the perfect spa at the right price from the right dealer.

The Vista has the DX moto.

You have stated your mother will make up the difference between your $7,000 and what the right spa is for you.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Exercise:

Rank in importance:

Price
Spa
Dealer

Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

solo

« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2007, 06:13:01 pm »
I would say:

1.  Most important is getting the right spa.  It need to be one that will last and hit me in all the right spots.  If I get the wrong spa, it doesn't really matter how much I like my dealer.  I won't get the therapy I need.

2.  Price.  I will feel guilty if I spend too much and not enjoy the spa as much as I could.  I also don't wish to have my mother chip in too much.  Even though she can easily afford to and she wants to.  There is a pride factor.

3.  Dealer.  Hopefully, if all goes well I will see my dealer when I buy chemicals and filters.  There will be the occassional service call, but hopefully not many.  After the main transaction, me and the dealer probably won't interact all that often.  

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2007, 06:20:41 pm »
Well, I wish you the best. I'm done with my input and the many other GB's of info you've received...

Be thankful...you've got far more input (though you needed clarity) than most and again... FOR FREE! How about your next post is telling us the tub you bought... ::)

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2007, 07:35:58 pm »
I am so proud of myself.  This thread has made it to six pages, and other than answering one of Solo's early threads about how much I got off (on my tub), I have been able to resist getting into a battle of the posts with him.  

I think my Anti-Jimbo therapy sessions are really working!  The ball-gag and thumb locks really help too.  
(lt's hard to type while wearing thumb locks)

Rich

If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2007, 07:46:30 pm »
I stopped posting helpful advice a long time ago.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2007, 07:46:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42