What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Buying '01/02 HotSpring Prodigy - Issues? Advice?  (Read 1775 times)

Minnesnowta

Buying '01/02 HotSpring Prodigy - Issues? Advice?
« on: September 17, 2007, 09:54:19 pm »
*Newbie disclaimer*

Well, we purchased a home this Spring that has a dedicated three season 10ft octagonal gazebo for a spa. Wired 220V with a dedicated sub-box. But no spa.

We don't know how often we will use a spa, so we've been hesitant to invest in a new one. A good friend has a 2001 or 2002 HotSpring Prodigy that they just haven't used much. They bought it new in 2002. It is the 'Classic' White with blue accent at the waterline and redwood cladding.

The spa sits in a climate controlled four season porch and has had the best of care, drained-cleaned-refilled every 6 months. They have had no issues and everything supposedly works fine. They chose the Prodigy because it fit through the doorway into the deck and because it plugged into a normal 115V outlet.

QUESTIONS:

Should I convert it to 220V? While they used it indoors, we would use it in our *cold* gazebo. I've read that the heater turns off when the pumps are on during 115V use. How do I convert it? There is 220V run to the spot.

What is different on a 01/02 vs a 07? The only info I have is from HotSpring's website and that is about the new models. Anything considerable?

What should I look for that may be wrong or go wrong? Any preventative maint I should be doing? Can I 'update' or 'upgrade' jets or any other items to enhance the spa?

What is it worth? Since they are good friends, I'm not too worried about it, but want to make sure we're in the right ballpark.

ANY feedback or opinions are very welcome!

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Buying '01/02 HotSpring Prodigy - Issues? Advice?
« on: September 17, 2007, 09:54:19 pm »

daaw

Re: Buying '01/02 HotSpring Prodigy - Issues? Advi
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 08:16:52 am »
I purchased a very well maintained preowned 02 prodigy several months ago and have had zero problems (knock on wood).  It is hooked to 110 although we have very mild winters.  The owners wanted 3k but I bought it for 2700.  That might be on the high side, but it was in perfect condition so I paid it.  Although we have not used it much (temps in the 90-100) I don't regret buying it.  I do wish it had foot jets.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Buying '01/02 HotSpring Prodigy - Issues? Advi
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 08:16:52 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42