What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Problems with new chelsee  (Read 8007 times)

104 degrees

Re: Problems with new chelsee
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 04:54:08 pm »
I think that the tech has been stuggling to get Sundance to understand problem and agree on course of action. He took pictures yesterday.
He showed me where the part that broke was. It is between the tub top rim and the wood frame-just to the left of control pad-very tight fit. He would have to cut the frame to get at this piece to replace but was able to patch it. The pressure blew the bottom off this part almost like if you jam a glass bottle on top and blow out the bottom. He put in a plug and some cement but like I said before there seems to be a lot of pressure in the hose that goes to it. The hose jumps from the pressure and thuds against the tub.
Tech said sundance is good but they do have to push to get approval for time.

If I insist on new part the frame will be cut-is this really serious or are you joking that I should get a new tub?? Is it really that major?

This is a new tub. I think the frame is wood?? how is he going to put it back together??

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 04:54:08 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 06:40:54 pm »
 I did service for 4 years before sales,I have never had to cut the framing on a Jacuzzi spa, cant imagine the sundance is that much different.  I also called my service tech and asked him, he use to work for a Sundance dealer and is now on his own.  Same reply never cut into the frame.  

Good luck with that!!

104 degrees

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 06:56:19 pm »
I did service for 4 years before sales,I have never had to cut the framing on a Jacuzzi spa, cant imagine the sundance is that much different.  I also called my service tech and asked him, he use to work for a Sundance dealer and is now on his own.  Same reply never cut into the frame.  

Good luck with that!!

This frame cutting sounds stupid.

John

WannaSoakNow

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2007, 09:04:30 pm »
I'm no tech....but, if I had a fairly new spa and they wanted to cut into the frame of the spa...I'd have to wonder what was next? How many times, for repairs, would I have to have "cut's" to the frame of my new spa??? I guess, for my part, I would ask for a new spa, and push for it, it's not like you have spent a few $$$$ for this item..Just my opinion.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2007, 09:23:21 pm »
I couldn't imagine not being able to get at any plumbing part without cutting the frame.  It just doesn't sound right to me.

104 degrees

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2007, 07:08:11 am »
I couldn't imagine not being able to get at any plumbing part without cutting the frame.  It just doesn't sound right to me.

Maybe he thinks the foam is to hard to dig into ::)

jag11

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2007, 08:35:14 am »
I am not sure if the tech intends to cut wood frame or mentioned that that is only way to get at the part-without take tub out of frame completely.

The part is not buried in foam. You can see it when you open front panel but it is wedged between the wood frame and the under lip of the tub. You can just get a wrench in to space.
This maybe were I am getting cut the frame at that spot to get to part. The tech pointed to this but may not mean he would go that route. He also mentioned that what they could have to do is take tub and remove it  from the frame to get to at the part that way.
From comments made here I imagine that would be the route that Sundance would recommend.
I must admit even taking tub and seprating from frame to get at part sounds like it may compromise life of tub. Currently the plug is holding- I have used tub about five times since he put it in. But the thudding noise from the hose jumping is still apparrent even after he tired it down??

104 degrees

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2007, 08:42:27 am »
I am not sure if the tech intends to cut wood frame or mentioned that that is only way to get at the part-without take tub out of frame completely.

The part is not buried in foam. You can see it when you open front panel but it is wedged between the wood frame and the under lip of the tub. You can just get a wrench in to space.
This maybe were I am getting cut the frame at that spot to get to part. The tech pointed to this but may not mean he would go that route. He also mentioned that what they could have to do is take tub and remove it  from the frame to get to at the part that way.
From comments made here I imagine that would be the route that Sundance would recommend.
I must admit even taking tub and seprating from frame to get at part sounds like it may compromise life of tub. Currently the plug is holding- I have used tub about five times since he put it in. But the thudding noise from the hose jumping is still apparrent even after he tired it down??

It sounds like they would need to take it back to the shop for this??

jag11

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2007, 08:11:30 pm »
Yes the tech did mention removing the tub to do these repairs.

104 degrees

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2007, 08:18:40 pm »
Yes the tech did mention removing the tub to do these repairs.

Try and make sure they dont cut the frame. Its wood i belive??

Let us know.

john

jag11

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2007, 09:16:11 pm »
Thank you John
All the input has been very helpful and I feel better prepared when talking with the tech. I am going to go and see the dealer just to touch base and be sure he is in the loop.
Again- THANKS! I'll keep you posted

104 degrees

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2007, 07:02:39 am »
Thank you John
All the input has been very helpful and I feel better prepared when talking with the tech. I am going to go and see the dealer just to touch base and be sure he is in the loop.
Again- THANKS! I'll keep you posted

See if you can get another dealer opinion ;)

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2007, 09:14:45 am »

See if you can get another dealer opinion ;)

It sounds as if the tech is consulting with the factory regarding this.  I am sure they will come up with the correct solution to the problem.

104 degrees

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2007, 09:17:16 am »

It sounds as if the tech is consulting with the factory regarding this.  I am sure they will come up with the correct solution to the problem.

Cutting the frame??

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2007, 10:35:18 am »
It's anew spa and it's defective.

Sundance sells "Red Tags" all the time.  Those are seconds.  If they really need to do major surgery on your spa you should press for a new one.  It's not like you have had it for several years.

Good luck.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2007, 10:35:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42