What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone know of reputable dealers in RICHMOND, VA?  (Read 6614 times)

solo

Anyone know of reputable dealers in RICHMOND, VA?
« on: September 05, 2007, 08:44:35 am »
I have been researching SPAS for about a week now.  I live in a suburb of Richmond, VA.  The dealers I have found so far are:

1.  Bullfrog... I have opted not to go with them as they have nothing in my proice range that I really like.  

2.  Hot Springs

3.  Sundance

4.  Vita

5.  Dimension One...Nothing in my price range that I like

6.  Hawkeye...Definitely less expensive than others.  But the store is only open from 8 am to 5pm M-F.  I can't get there then.  

Hot Springs, Sundance, and Vita all have mid level spas around $7000-7500.  Does anyone else know of any other brands sold in the Richmond VA area from reputable dealers?  

BONUS QUESTION...Is it unreasonable to ask for a 10% discount?  I have always heard that profit margins on luxury items were high.  

Hot Tub Forum

Anyone know of reputable dealers in RICHMOND, VA?
« on: September 05, 2007, 08:44:35 am »

rdr202

Re: Anyone know of reputable dealers in RICHMOND,
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 10:11:54 pm »
I purchased a Hawkeye Orion spa last year and have been happy with it. Good luck

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 09:59:57 am »
Let me make this perfectly clear:

[glow]Margins are not high in the spa industry!  If they were higher, perhaps there would be more "reputable dealers"  ;)not to mention manufacturers. :D[/glow]
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 10:36:24 am »
Hey Solo,
Take this the right way, but since I really like my dealer, I would feel bad if I recommended him to you.
(Plus he might want to get even with me the next time I needed him for service)   :) ;)
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

solo

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 12:58:01 pm »
Hey Solo,
Take this the right way, but since I really like my dealer, I would feel bad if I recommended him to you.
(Plus he might want to get even with me the next time I needed him for service)   :) ;)

That's OK Rich...I am not here to make friends.  I I am educating myself on spas and hpw to get a bargain on one.  Despite ruffling a few feathers, I think my time spent here has been prodcutive.

But if I have personallky offended you or anyoen else here...I apologize.  That was not my intention.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 01:56:52 pm »
Are you discounting for a reason?

Here's what I've found over the years... people need to do their research and compare as best they can, the spas available to them. If AND ONLY WHEN, you have it down to a couple of spas AND IF YOU FEEL AFTER THAT RESEARCH, that their price is high, go in with an ounce of knowledge based on your search and education that you feel their price may be a bit high and come to a common ground.

To go in and ask for discount JUST BECAUSE is not only lazy, unethical, childish and uneducated, it shows the dealer that you have no clue about pricing and  are just asking for a discount...well...just because.   ::)

Bonus question to dealers....
Do you not find that people that are lazy and just want to save a buck and negotiate till hell freezes over, that these same individuals expect above and beyond service due to their personality? I'd fire that customer long before it came to that and YES... I've fired customers before! Twice!  ;D

I hope you and your dealer to be have a wonderful, unethical, paranoid relationship for many years to come! I'm sure you'll deserve each other as we know that "like people" attract. Sounds like bliss!

I'd offer a 75% discount personaly....

solo

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 03:25:54 pm »
Are you discounting for a reason?

Here's what I've found over the years... people need to do their research and compare as best they can, the spas available to them. If AND ONLY WHEN, you have it down to a couple of spas AND IF YOU FEEL AFTER THAT RESEARCH, that their price is high, go in with an ounce of knowledge based on your search and education that you feel their price may be a bit high and come to a common ground.

To go in and ask for discount JUST BECAUSE is not only lazy, unethical, childish and uneducated, it shows the dealer that you have no clue about pricing and  are just asking for a discount...well...just because.   ::)

Bonus question to dealers....
Do you not find that people that are lazy and just want to save a buck and negotiate till hell freezes over, that these same individuals expect above and beyond service due to their personality? I'd fire that customer long before it came to that and YES... I've fired customers before! Twice!  ;D

I hope you and your dealer to be have a wonderful, unethical, paranoid relationship for many years to come! I'm sure you'll deserve each other as we know that "like people" attract. Sounds like bliss!

I'd offer a 75% discount personaly....

OK...the gloves are coming off now Steve.  You keep indirectly questioning my ethics.  So lets talk about ethicd.  The REAL unethical guy is the cheesy, used car salesman of a spa guy that will say anything to get the customer into a spa.  The REAL unethical guy that will give poor service because he wasn't happy with the price negotiations.  The REAL unethical guy gets upset that a customer is negotiating just as hard as they are.  The REAL unethical guy only wants the easy sale and doiesn't enjoy working for his commission.

There is NOTHING unethical  bout asking for a discount.  You the dealer can always say no.  

MarKee

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 03:30:16 pm »
You should check out Luxury Pool & Spa in Charlottesville:

http://www.luxurymarquis.com/

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 04:22:38 pm »

There is NOTHING unethical  bout asking for a discount.  You the dealer can always say no.  

My first choice, if I was a spa dealer, would be to sell for a set price, just like 95% of the other retail goods out there. However, since spas have a reputation as something you haggle for, I have more respect for someone who flat out asks for a discount than for somebody to claim they understood what all my costs were AND what all the manufacturing costs were and offered me some kind of wacky deal based on their sketchy math.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 11:21:55 pm »

OK...the gloves are coming off now Steve.  You keep indirectly questioning my ethics.  So lets talk about ethicd.  The REAL unethical guy is the cheesy, used car salesman of a spa guy that will say anything to get the customer into a spa.  The REAL unethical guy that will give poor service because he wasn't happy with the price negotiations.  The REAL unethical guy gets upset that a customer is negotiating just as hard as they are.  The REAL unethical guy only wants the easy sale and doiesn't enjoy working for his commission.

Nothing terribly "gloves off" about that post.  :-?

I'm sorry that I gave you the impression that I care that much. Really, you have postured to a point where I no longer care either way and you made it clear that "you're not here to make friends". I LOVE that answer considering YOU came HERE for FREE advise from spa professionals and educated buyers to help YOU make a wise choice! See anything wrong with all of this yet? I'm guessing not...  ::)

As far as questioning your ethics...My mistake... you would require ethics for me to question them...

May your tub leak, pumps fail, the hair on your back get entwined in your spinning jets and your cover cave in upon you... :P

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 11:51:44 pm »

May your tub leak, pumps fail, the hair on your back get entwined in your spinning jets and your cover cave in upon you... :P

Steve, you never let me down. The more you type, the more I know I was right about you from the beginning...... ;)

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 12:57:03 am »
May ... the hair on your back get entwined in your spinning jets. :P

Thanks. Now lawyers everywhere just added another sentence to the already-too-long warnings in spa user manuals.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 09:14:14 am »

Steve, you never let me down. The more you type, the more I know I was right about you from the beginning...... ;)

Awww, that's so sweet...  :-* ;D

solo

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 10:12:11 am »
I sure hope you all can see the irony in a hot tub sales rep/dealer playing the ethics card.  

Bottom line:  I have narrowed down my tub selection to 2 tubs.  I have narrowed down my dealer selection to 2 dealers.  I have narrowed down my time line to buy to the next 3 months and more than likely the next month.  I am having 2 dealers compete for my business.

If you are a dealer and you have a problem with any of that, I would suggest that YOU are the one with the problem, not me.  

I won't be rushed.  I won't be pressured.  Sorry if that sits poorly with you.  

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 11:12:15 am »
You're still here?
Bullfrog 562

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 11:12:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42