What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: J470 versus Sundance Optima  (Read 6452 times)

pattispa

J470 versus Sundance Optima
« on: September 04, 2007, 04:39:01 pm »
Hi ! THis is a great place to get the best info.  We have widdled it down to these 2 spas (I think) and was wondering about your opinions. The Jacuzzi 470 price I was quoted was $11,100 includes delivery, cover, set up, initial spa chemicals but does not include the ozone, no stereo. The sundance optima is $9795 which includes delivery, setup, cover and coverlifter, ozone, and steps (no stereo).  The gentleman at SUndance (who also sold HotSprings) said he felt the Optima gave a better therapeutic massage than the HotSPrings Moto massage (was looking at the Grandee). Any opinions about price? About the therapeutic massage? We ruled out teh Caldera Niagra as we did not like the Neck pillow/(formed neck).  It did not really fit us well (short in stature). Any opnions about that neck thing? Thank you! I guess I should add we live in the Al :)lentown, PA area (for pricing comparison). :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 04:41:27 pm by pattispa »

Hot Tub Forum

J470 versus Sundance Optima
« on: September 04, 2007, 04:39:01 pm »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: J470 versus Sundance Optima
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 05:08:27 pm »
Hi ! THis is a great place to get the best info.  We have widdled it down to these 2 spas (I think) and was wondering about your opinions. The Jacuzzi 470 price I was quoted was $11,100 includes delivery, cover, set up, initial spa chemicals but does not include the ozone, no stereo. The sundance optima is $9795 which includes delivery, setup, cover and coverlifter, ozone, and steps (no stereo).  The gentleman at SUndance (who also sold HotSprings) said he felt the Optima gave a better therapeutic massage than the HotSPrings Moto massage (was looking at the Grandee). Any opinions about price? About the therapeutic massage? We ruled out teh Caldera Niagra as we did not like the Neck pillow/(formed neck).  It did not really fit us well (short in stature). Any opnions about that neck thing? Thank you! I guess I should add we live in the Al :)lentown, PA area (for pricing comparison). :)

When I was purchasing, my final two were the Optima and the Grandee.  I chose the Optima for a variety of reasons.  I too, do not like neck pillows that form around your neck.  I like the open seating and freedom of movement.  As far as the two spas you have narrowed your choice to...both are excellent, IMO and because they are essentially manufactured by the same company, the quality would be identical.  The Optima seems to be the better deal and the price is competitive to what it sells for in my area...Southeatern MA.  Have you tried them out?  That would be the best way to tell if the 470 is worth the extra dollars.  Either way, I think you'll be happy.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 05:15:41 pm »

Price wise for the J-470 is right in line with us at $11.000 but include the ozone at that price, thereapy wise I have tried the motosage and didnt care for it. That being said its a individual preference!!  Some people love it some cant stand it,try them and see for yourself.

FWIW we had a couple test soak at the fair this year (doesnt happen often).  Anyway they tried the J-365 for about ten min or so,then went across to the Sundance tent and tried the Optima,then came back and tried the J-470 they bought the J-470 the RX jets feel fantastic and for him is what sold the tub,not to mention the looks there is nothing close to it in that dept.

Best advice is to try them and see what you think!!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 05:45:16 pm »
In the past month I've seen a few different people on this website post positively about the jets on Jacuzzi, Sundance and Hot Springs and then I’ve seen other posts voting negatively on each one at another time. It's great to get opinions but they only mean so much.

I have a good friend who sells one of the top brands. She was always selling against one of the other top brands and she was honestly telling how great she thought hers was in her opinion and how it was better than the other guy... She then traded teams (to lessen her commute) and I remember the day I called her to see how it was going with the new brand and she said "Wow, I always thought their spas were inferior and now after wet testing both I'm confused over which I like better".

Even if someone (salesperson or just another spa owner) tells you which jets he/she honestly prefers you're better off filing that in the "interesting but not overly meaningful" file and just wet testing/deciding for yourself because everyone has different tastes. The reality is you may like the jets similarly or one brand may stand out as better but go in with an open mind and let the wet test be your guide.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 06:53:51 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 06:18:04 pm »
We have widdled it down to these 2 spas (I think) and was wondering about your opinions.

My opinion? Don't widdle in the tub. It really throws off your chemicals. :)
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 06:39:49 pm »
Wish I'd have known.  You could have told Willow Park that I recommended them to you and I'd have gotten $100.  :)

I purchased a Sundance Cameo from Willow Park back in May for $9200.  Included cover, lifter, steps, 250mg ozonator (tell them you want that rather than the 50mg version), chemicals (make sure they give you a Sun Purity Silver cartridge too), and a cup holder for on top of the filter cover.  Took delivery on June 25th, and have soaked in it just about every night since.  Absolutely love it!

Also shopped at American for the Jacuzzi tubs.  They pretty much included the same accessories with a purchase.  I was interested in the J480, which was a very nice tub as well.  They quoted me around $10K for that tub w/o stereo so you should be able to do better than 11k for the J470 if that's the direction you go.  Heard some negative things about American, but I have no experience with them.  The dealer I talked to was personable and did seem knowledgeable.

A friend of mine recommended Willow Park as he bought a Coleman spa from them years ago when they carried that brand.  They took care of him when he had a few issues.  I had the one handle on my cover rip after about a month.  They replaced it no questions asked as they should have, IMO.

Best advice is to soak in the tubs for yourself.  I chose the Cameo over the J480 because I preferred the neck jets in 3 of the seats and fit better in the lounger.  I chose the Cameo over the Optima because I wanted the lounge seat.  Your opinions may vary.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 06:53:22 pm by dax »

104 degrees

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 06:54:33 am »

My opinion? Don't widdle in the tub. It really throws off your chemicals. :)

DP is correct about the chemicals, I always widdle off the side :)

104 degrees

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 06:55:45 am »

Price wise for the J-470 is right in line with us at $11.000 but include the ozone at that price, thereapy wise I have tried the motosage and didnt care for it. That being said its a individual preference!!  Some people love it some cant stand it,try them and see for yourself.

FWIW we had a couple test soak at the fair this year (doesnt happen often).  Anyway they tried the J-365 for about ten min or so,then went across to the Sundance tent and tried the Optima,then came back and tried the J-470 they bought the J-470 the RX jets feel fantastic and for him is what sold the tub,not to mention the looks there is nothing close to it in that dept.

Best advice is to try them and see what you think!!!

Jim! what is the "rx" jet""

John

pattispa

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 09:17:59 am »

DP is correct about the chemicals, I always widdle off the side :)

;D I'll try to remember that !!  Thanks for the advice.  8-)

pattispa

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 09:56:27 am »
We will be wet testing the Optima and Grandee today ! We want to try the moto massage jets for ourselves in the Grandee.  Also, our local Jacuzzi dealer is setting up a tent sale so we'll go over there again and check out the 470. I received literature in the mail about Dimension One.  Is it worth a 45 minute drive to test the Nautilus? The sales manager I spoke to said they are having specials and would make it worth my drive. Said to come and and look at Amore bay and the Nautilus. Any opinions about these verus Optima.  I have gone over alot of previous posts so  am not repeating but I do not see too much info on the D1 spas.  PS We promise we won't widdle in the tub on our wet tests!

Lars

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 10:48:09 am »
Definately go look at the D1's.  They make a very nice spa.

Would have bought the Amore if I could have afforded it.

pattispa

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2007, 03:23:49 pm »
I wet tested the Sundance Maxxus as there was no water in the Optima.  I am glad I did. It is a big spa but limited on seating but the foot jets and back jets were really nice. I tried the Hotsprings as well as I wanted to try to Moto-massage. I prefered the Sundance massage seat over the moto-massage so again I am glad I tested it.  Will be trying the J465 Jacuzzi tomorrow altho interested in the 470 if we purchase Jacuzzi. I may go drive out to test the D1 nautilus if I have time.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 04:11:08 pm »
 Dont let the J-465 get in the way on the  J-470 the 465 is nice but for me its to short in the buckets seat,and the lounge is to long for most.

The 470 is just right.   For me anyway.   ;)

pattispa

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 12:14:11 am »
Well, just wanted to say I will be ordering our new spa Tuesday -- we are going with the Sundance Optima. Thanks for all the advice. I'll update when we are going to get it! ;D 8-)

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 07:51:40 am »
Well, just wanted to say I will be ordering our new spa Tuesday -- we are going with the Sundance Optima. Thanks for all the advice. I'll update when we are going to get it! ;D 8-)

Congratulations.  Great spa.  I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 07:51:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42