What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Moving a spa  (Read 2177 times)

nickPSD

Moving a spa
« on: September 08, 2007, 08:24:07 pm »
I am going to be picking up a 8X8 spa, I was curious as to the best way to move the spa into my enclosed trailer. I was planning on picking the spa up on one end and placing several 10' long pieces of 4" PVC under the spa to roll it across the lawn and into the enclosed trailer. I also have a winch that could be used to help pull it up the gate into the trailer. Is this the best way to move it or is there a better way to move it?  :-/

Thanks in advance

Hot Tub Forum

Moving a spa
« on: September 08, 2007, 08:24:07 pm »

rdr202

Re: Moving a spa
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 09:55:37 pm »
I purchased two moving dollies at Home Depot for about $22.00 each, they are approx 18"x24" with four heavy duty casters rated to hold 1000#

Three guys were able to push my 900# 8Ftx8Ft spa with no problem
As for getting it on and off the trailer you can make a ramp using 2X ? lumber and roll it on and off.

To move across the grass I had three sheets of 5/8" plywood and we overlaped the plywood edges a few inches and kept moving the sheets to the front of the line as we rolled the tub.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 09:59:05 pm by rdr202 »

nickPSD

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 10:25:50 pm »
Thanks for the info, is there any where underneith the spa that I cant put a dolly under, or is anywhere ok? Also, did you tip it on its side to move it? I shouldnt have to but I want to make sure.

Thanks again

Spiderman

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 11:52:15 am »
Thanks for the info, is there any where underneith the spa that I cant put a dolly under, or is anywhere ok? Also, did you tip it on its side to move it? I shouldnt have to but I want to make sure.

Thanks again

If you flip it up on its side, make sure the equipment compartment is on the down side.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 11:52:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42