What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tough decision:  Sundance vs Hotsprings  (Read 4272 times)

solo

Tough decision:  Sundance vs Hotsprings
« on: September 06, 2007, 07:16:23 pm »
So I am looking at a Sundance Hamilton (700 series) as well as a Hotsprings Sovereign.  I don't think I can go wrong with either.  

Hot springs has a nicer filter and ozone standard.  Also has moto massage which is the favorite seat that I have been in.

Sundance has more powerful jets and overall gives a better massage (other than the moto seat in the HS).  The Sundance has 2 pumps running the jets as well as a circ pump.  The Soverign only has 1 pump plus a circ pump.

Size is similar (Sundance 400 gal, HS 355 gal).  Price is similar.  HS might be a tad  nicer but might also be slightly underpowered.  

Thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

Tough decision:  Sundance vs Hotsprings
« on: September 06, 2007, 07:16:23 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Tough decision:  Sundance vs Hotsprings
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 07:32:22 pm »

Thoughts?

Normally I'd suggest how to go about collecting the data you need but it sounds like you're doing a good job doing so. Now you just need to finish analyzing it. Assuming both dealers seem to be the type that will be there for you when needed I think you just need to process those thoughts and decide which you like better.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 08:17:16 pm »
A friend of mine who sells both lines has told me pretty much what you have gathered that Sundance offers better overall massage but the Hot Springs has better fit and finish. Both are nice spas.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 10:52:32 pm »
Have you wet tested the HS Envoy? That model should give you more of a powerful massage and it also has the DX Moto Massage jet. It will last you at least 10 years so the cost difference won't be substantial spread out over time....
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 10:53:04 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Vanguard

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 01:13:01 am »
Have you wet tested the HS Envoy? That model should give you more of a powerful massage and it also has the DX Moto Massage jet. It will last you at least 10 years so the cost difference won't be substantial spread out over time....

I believe the Envoy is well above Solo's price range.  He is looking to stay around $7K.

Solo, if the Moto Massage is your favorite jet/seat, then you should probably go with it.  You will be happy with that spa.  Get your favorite.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 05:19:38 am »

Thoughts?

I don't know for sure but let me start a new thread so we can talk about it.
 ;)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 05:26:01 am by WHY_NOT »

104 degrees

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 07:12:40 am »

I believe the Envoy is well above Solo's price range.  He is looking to stay around $7K.

Solo, if the Moto Massage is your favorite jet/seat, then you should probably go with it.  You will be happy with that spa.  Get your favorite.

I
ll secound this.  :)

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 08:26:18 am »
So I am looking at a Sundance Hamilton (700 series) as well as a Hotsprings Sovereign.  I don't think I can go wrong with either.  

Hot springs has a nicer filter and ozone standard.  Also has moto massage which is the favorite seat that I have been in.

Sundance has more powerful jets and overall gives a better massage (other than the moto seat in the HS).  The Sundance has 2 pumps running the jets as well as a circ pump.  The Soverign only has 1 pump plus a circ pump.

Size is similar (Sundance 400 gal, HS 355 gal).  Price is similar.  HS might be a tad  nicer but might also be slightly underpowered.  

Thoughts?

When I purchased I also was down to Sundance and HotSpring.  I ended up with a SD.  One of the reasons was the fitering system.  I prefer the single fitler (2 part) over the number of filters in the HS.  I also felt the jets were better and more powerful in the SD.  The Moto is nice but I didn't want a sequencing jet.  I'm not sure how the HotSpring ozone is nicer but I put very little stock in ozone.  Today I believe I would be down to the same two that I was five years ago.  Either way you'll have an excellent spa.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 08:26:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42