What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Does any spa get your neck good?  (Read 2183 times)

solo

Does any spa get your neck good?
« on: September 05, 2007, 03:49:07 pm »
I am 6 feet tall.  I have wet tested  spas that are 33 and 36 inches deep.  Thus far, if I want to really get a good massage on my neck, I need to hunch down or slide down a tad in the seat.  

Would a deeper spa do better?  

Do certain brands tend to get your neck better?

PS...The main thing for me is how well the spa massages my back as this is where i need my hydrotherapy.  But it would be nice to have a spa that gets both my neck and back well as I do have a degenerative disk in my upper neck.  

Hot Tub Forum

Does any spa get your neck good?
« on: September 05, 2007, 03:49:07 pm »

104 degrees

Re: Does any spa get your neck good?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 03:51:40 pm »
I am 6 feet tall.  I have wet tested  spas that are 33 and 36 inches deep.  Thus far, if I want to really get a good massage on my neck, I need to hunch down or slide down a tad in the seat.  

Would a deeper spa do better?  

Do certain brands tend to get your neck better?

PS...The main thing for me is how well the spa massages my back as this is where i need my hydrotherapy.  But it would be nice to have a spa that gets both my neck and back well as I do have a degenerative disk in my upper neck.  

Can you try a Caldera. watch there video.

John

solo

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 04:04:46 pm »

Can you try a Caldera. watch there video.

John

It's quite a hall to the Caldera dealer (35 minutes).  But I might have to give them a look.  Their video does look good.  

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 04:59:53 pm »
It's not the depth of the spa, but the depth of the water over the bench. A spa can be 100 feet deep, but if the bench is 6" from the surface, you still wont be more than 6 inches into the water.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

anne

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 10:24:16 pm »
I wanted neck/upper back therapy more than anything else when shopping. (As I sit here typing with a stiff, sore neck, I'm just waiting for it to cool off so I can SOAK!!!) I looked at a number of tubs with "neck jets" that are out of the water, and often in these sort of yoke-like things behind the seats. For me, of the caldera, LA spa, coleman and D1 that I looked at, only the D1 had reasonable massage without face splatter, and even that was so-so. I ended up with an Arctic- it does not have neck jets, per se, but it still has jets pretty high up in one of the seats that does the trick better than any others did if I slouch down a bit.

I would just wet test all that you can, even if it means a drive. What works for me is so different than what works for others, and especially with those yoke seats, height really matters. The LA model that I tested had great neck jets, but unless I sat on my hands and stretched myself up, I just got it in the face. I'm 5'4".  
Dance like nobody's watching

Mr. BubblesToo

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 02:10:33 am »
We also were looking for neck/back focus, and decided on the D1 Californian.  It has a neck jet pillow that can be adjusted for 5 different height settings.  We are 5'7" and 5'10", and we only use the bottom two or three settings.  You might try any of the Dimension One spas with this feature...

We also liked the Caldera Niagara, but you have to be able to fit under their neck jets, as they don't adjust for different heights...   Depending on your torso height, you might like it.  This is why WET TESTING many different tubs is so important.  What fits one person perfectly may not fit the next at all.
'07 D1 Californian w/LFX and stereo

TimetoChill

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 08:36:04 am »
I too would recommend the D1 line for the adjustable neck jet pillows.  They work wonders.  You may also want to look at Master spa.  I am 6' as well and was very impressed with the way Master spas actually have an above water line set of "arms" which allowed 2 jets to hit me right in the neck.

Good luck,

John
2003 Dimension 1 Chairman II (400 gallons)  Bought 2nd hand in March 2007 for, are you ready? $1500.00!!

RK23

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 04:56:14 pm »
Caldera was the best I could find for neck therapy.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 04:56:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42