What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone have pricing on a Hotsprings Sovereign  (Read 13507 times)

solo

Anyone have pricing on a Hotsprings Sovereign
« on: September 03, 2007, 02:57:37 pm »
My dealer quoted me $7595 (USD).  I think that this is full list price.  He knocked $400 off today for labor day.

But I think I should be able to get this spa for $7000 or less.  Are my expectations reasonable?

Does anyone have pricing info?

Hot Tub Forum

Anyone have pricing on a Hotsprings Sovereign
« on: September 03, 2007, 02:57:37 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Anyone have pricing on a Hotsprings Sovereign
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 03:18:41 pm »
In northern CA it goes for $7500-$8000 US.

You are getting a good deal w/ Labor Day price. :)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 04:01:15 pm »
If you are talking about the 220V Sovereign, you are probably in the right ballpark.  I've seen the white Sovereign go for as low as $5995, but that is in their old Classic Series.  If your dealer took off $400 and brought it down to $7195, make him a counter offer and see if he'll do anything else.  However, you have a pretty good price.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 05:36:36 pm »
If you are talking about the 220V Sovereign, you are probably in the right ballpark.  I've seen the white Sovereign go for as low as $5995, but that is in their old Classic Series.  If your dealer took off $400 and brought it down to $7195, make him a counter offer and see if he'll do anything else.  However, you have a pretty good price.

I agree, make a counter offer, it can't hurt. Also, if you were to say offer him $200 less and he said no the next best step is to then just ask for $200 in store credit instead. To you it is basically the same since you'll need chems and such down the line but for him it's better than lowering the price and you may find him more flexible that way.  
220, 221, whatever it takes!

solo

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 06:23:26 pm »

He offered me $6700 for the White Classic.  But he knows that $7000 is my max.  

1.  Is there much of a differrence in the White Classic other than cosmetic?

2.  If I go for the White Classic, what should I offer him?

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 07:27:39 pm »

1.  Is there much of a differrence in the White Classic other than cosmetic?

2.  If I go for the White Classic, what should I offer him?
Classic Sovereign is 110/220v convertable.  Smaller jet pump which means 4 way diverter instead of 2 way.  Jets feel the same.  No water feature.  Everything else is cosmetic.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 07:32:45 pm »
The worst thing to do imo is to tell any salesmen your maximum budget before they make their offer.

solo

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 07:42:32 am »
Yes, that was a tactical error.  Now I am afraid I will never get him below $7000.  Any idea on how I can get him lower.

My thought is to tell him that I am going to by a cheapie brand for say $4000-5000 and that I wanted to give him one more chance to sell me a hot tub.  

But I would appreciate your thoughts on ways to get him down on his price.  Unfortunately, buyking a hot tub feels a little bit like buying a used car.  

Vanguard

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 11:09:15 pm »
I think you are probably pretty darn close to his bottom line.  Keep in mind, you DO want him to make money on your spa.  That way, he'll still be around when you need warranty service.  

Knew of a HSS dealer in Lubbock who was dropping the bottom out of the price.  Guess what?  Lubbock has a new HSS dealer and is picking up the pieces from the guy that went out of business.  If your budget is $7K and you like the Sovereign for just a few hundred more, make the sacrifice and do it.  You'll be glad you didn't  scrimp.

Because the jet pump is bigger, you get more jets working at one time than on the Classic.  You get the waterfall that you don't get on the Classic.  Other than that, it is primarily cosmetic.  
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

solo

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 09:38:31 am »
I think you are probably pretty darn close to his bottom line.  Keep in mind, you DO want him to make money on your spa.  That way, he'll still be around when you need warranty service.  

Knew of a HSS dealer in Lubbock who was dropping the bottom out of the price.  Guess what?  Lubbock has a new HSS dealer and is picking up the pieces from the guy that went out of business.  If your budget is $7K and you like the Sovereign for just a few hundred more, make the sacrifice and do it.  You'll be glad you didn't  scrimp.

Because the jet pump is bigger, you get more jets working at one time than on the Classic.  You get the waterfall that you don't get on the Classic.  Other than that, it is primarily cosmetic.  

Of course I want the guy to make money.  I assume that he wouldn't do the deal at a loss or if it was not good for his business.  What I don't want, is to pay WAY more than I need to.

I understand that for many, a SPA is a luxury item.  Rich people put them next to their swimming pools and could care less if they paid $7000 or $17,000.  They have the money to spend.  Thing is, I need my spa for hydrotherapy and I am not rich by any standards.  So I need to get a good deal just to be able to afford to own one.  
I have budgeted in $500 to have a 220 line put in and $50/month in electricity/chemicals.  But I can't afford to pay too much.  Medical bills are already piling up.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 09:38:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42