What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best jets for deep massage and hydrotherapy?  (Read 2380 times)

solo

Best jets for deep massage and hydrotherapy?
« on: September 04, 2007, 03:34:29 pm »
My doc has given me a script for a hot tub.  So I need something that will provide a vigorous massage to my back and a relaxing massage to my neck.

The best back massage I have felt thus far is the Moto Massage on the Hot Springs.  But I hear that Dimension Spas have a sequencer in their higher end spas that is also heavenly.

Which jets in your opinion provide the deepest and most therapeutic massage?

Hot Tub Forum

Best jets for deep massage and hydrotherapy?
« on: September 04, 2007, 03:34:29 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Best jets for deep massage and hydrotherapy?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 05:04:21 pm »
The D1 would be way out of your budget.

By the way, there is nothing wrong with letting salespeople know your general budget.  It can actually help you arrive at the best spa for you without wasting everyone's time.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 07:14:03 pm »
Please don't take this the wrong way but with a low price point it's a hard question to answer. The best thing to look for is a tub that you feel is a good value for you. As you read this I too had a low budget of $5000 and eventually paid around $6500 for the tub I own. At a $12,000 price point you have anything to chose from and that question would be more answerable. In 2004 a D1 Californian was selling for about $8000 here in NJ.

Look at Tiger River, D1 @home series, Marquis Everyday series, Sundance 700 series, Beachcomber 300 series, Artesian Island and maybe Emerald Spa or Down East. The Artesian, Emerald and Down East have configurable tubs that you may be able to get one under your price point. The Beachcomber was a lower priced spa in 2004

Lower end tubs tend to have smaller jets than their higher end versions. Marquis apparently have nice jets in them but you may not get them in the Everyday series.

We all choose different tubs because of various reasons - that's why a wet test may be important to you.

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 08:56:11 pm »
Definitely wet test a Marquis.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 09:23:24 pm »
So I'm guessing solo deleted part of his initial post as I don't see a reference to price at all.

Anyway, rather than suggest a certain "brand" to you as I believe most of the therapy comes from heat and bouyancy, I would suggest to purchase a spa that has a variety of therapy jets that are interchangeable that you can move into your favorite seat.

The issue with some spas is that the therapy you like best may be in a seat that isn't your favorite and you're outa luck.

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 09:23:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42