What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beachcomber 378  (Read 5725 times)

titianmom

Beachcomber 378
« on: September 02, 2007, 03:54:31 pm »
Hello,

I'm wondering if the Beachcomber 378 is fairly new, and what folks thought of this tub.  

I'm considering it, or perhaps the 580.  Why?  I honestly prefer a more benchlike seat vs the molded seating.  We are also a family where the size range is pretty great; my husband is 6' 3'' and his shoulders need to go under the water...and it's easier to slide down a bit on the bench seats actually.

As far as the 580, I don't remember seeing one but thought it looked good in the book...

My concern about the 300 and 500 series: Is the single pump enough, or should it be
upgraded in your opinion?  I think the 500 series has more jets and I wonder if you're
better off upgrading the pump, and general what folks thought about the single pump
overall.

I personally dislike those swivel seats in the 740 and 750.  Very uncomfortable.

Now, here's the $64,000 question; the following makes me nervous:

This dealer seemed nice and concerned about his customers, but he's the only dealer
in the entire mid-atlantic. So what happens if he gets hit by a car tomorrow? What
happens to all of his happy customers?

Please respond
THanks
Kim

Hot Tub Forum

Beachcomber 378
« on: September 02, 2007, 03:54:31 pm »

Pathfinder

Re: Beachcomber 378
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 07:47:18 pm »
The 378 came out new for last year. Seating and size wise you are better off with a 580.
The 580 has a 3.5hp and the hush circ pump over the 378 only having just the 2.5hp no circ.  I think the dealership is McBurney pool & spa you might be referring to. With the numbers they do I dont think they are going anywhere for a long time.

titianmom

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 08:35:30 pm »
The 378 came out new for last year. Seating and size wise you are better off with a 580.
The 580 has a 3.5hp and the hush circ pump over the 378 only having just the 2.5hp no circ.  I think the dealership is McBurney pool & spa you might be referring to. With the numbers they do I dont think they are going anywhere for a long time.

Okay, but the guy said there wasn't much diff between the 580 and the 378 pump wise and that it did have the hush cir pump...????  He said for the 2000 extra it wasn't worth it...and I liked the seats better in the 378. I only have 3 in my family, but I'm figuring
my dd girlfriends will want to sit in it on occasion.  

So, is this guy just being agreeable to sell me a tub?

Is there anywhere online where I can see a comparison chart of beachcomber tubs? The book and their website isn't very helpful.

The dealer is SUnfire in Martinsburg, WV and they sell pellet stoves, patio stuff and tubs.  Where's McBurney?

Thanks,
Kim
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 08:42:19 pm by titianmom »

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 11:35:25 am »
I have a two year old 580 and have been very happy with it.  My pump is 4.5 continous HP according to the label on it.  The tub has plenty of power and if I turn on the Turbo pump it really rocks.  I would get the turbo option, it is a fun to use sometimes.

My dealer went out of business 6 months ago.  I called Beachomber last week about some broken clips on my cover and they sent out new ones and gave me the number of the company supporting the tubs in my area.  So eventhough I don't have a dealer the company has taken care of me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 11:35:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42