What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Extended Warranty worth it?  (Read 3585 times)

Pjjep

Extended Warranty worth it?
« on: August 30, 2007, 11:06:19 am »
I am looking at the Hot Springs RX Tub, which only offers a one year warranty.  Is the Extended Warranty worth the $390 price?  The sales guy says that he has never had anyone buy the warranty.  Also how likely are the dealers to come down on a price of a tub?  Are these the type of items that they want you to haggle?
Thanks so much - you guys have been unbelievable in your help.

Hot Tub Forum

Extended Warranty worth it?
« on: August 30, 2007, 11:06:19 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Extended Warranty worth it?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 11:26:51 am »
I am looking at the Hot Springs RX Tub, which only offers a one year warranty.  Is the Extended Warranty worth the $390 price?  The sales guy says that he has never had anyone buy the warranty.  Also how likely are the dealers to come down on a price of a tub?  Are these the type of items that they want you to haggle?
Thanks so much - you guys have been unbelievable in your help.

If you're talking about 1 year for that price I would pass personally. If that's more than 1 year then that's different. How long is it for?

Simple tub, well built with few things to go wrong and if you talked to their service guy he'd tell you those are the spas from the dealer he usually doesn't have to deal with. If you’re the kind that really values the “peace of mind” that an extended warranty gives remember that everything is negotiable so if you're really interested you could say “no thanks but I might be interested at $XXX”.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 02:48:22 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

loosenupspas

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 02:35:58 pm »
I offer an extended warranty....24 or 36 months longer than the factory warranty.  It is simple to understand and fair to the consumer.  But this extended warranty would take the manufacturers warranty to 4 yrs in one case and 7 yrs in another.  A case can be made to buy one.  The cost of a pump is $500 plus, heater $250.  It covers one leak too.......$390 could be a deal.  But like most warranties it is insurance that may never be used.  

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 10:31:18 am »
Like Spatech said, it's peace of mind and some like that. I too would want to know how long that extends the warranty in order to determine value? One year is nothing and in a spa purchase, I would expect at least 3 years.

As for haggling price, the cheaper the spa, the less room for negotiation generally and this is a fairly inexpensive spa being a Solana.

Steve
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 10:36:34 am by Steve »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 10:31:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42