What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: J-365  (Read 3541 times)

mellow1

• Jacuzzi J-365
J-365
« on: August 29, 2007, 09:24:19 pm »
Hi everyone... just joined the forum!  A proud owner of a J-365 since mid June and have to admit it's probably one of the best purchases we ever made.

Question for anyone... there are three intakes around the bottom of the tub with fabric covers over them.  One is under the filter area, one is on the opposite side and the third is under the fountain.  The one under the fountain does not feel like it's drawing in when I put my hand over it like the other two do.  Is this normal?

Looking forward to any responses, thanks in advance.

Doug
 :)

Hot Tub Forum

J-365
« on: August 29, 2007, 09:24:19 pm »

mark 2550

Re: J-365
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 10:42:04 pm »
Congrat's looks to be a nice tub

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 07:29:06 am »
We just got our J-365 in August....we absolutely love ours too!  So when I read your question, I pulled out my manual.  It states that the suction covers should be cleaned every 2 months, or when weak pump #2 performance is observed.  Then it says to ensure optiumum performance, clean and reuse both main filter cartridges once a month.  Have you done this yet?   More experienced Jacuzzi owners may chime in, but I guess this is where I'd start.  Good luck, and let us know if this works!
--renee

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 07:31:29 am »
Hi everyone... just joined the forum!  A proud owner of a J-365 since mid June and have to admit it's probably one of the best purchases we ever made.

Question for anyone... there are three intakes around the bottom of the tub with fabric covers over them.  One is under the filter area, one is on the opposite side and the third is under the fountain.  The one under the fountain does not feel like it's drawing in when I put my hand over it like the other two do.  Is this normal?

Looking forward to any responses, thanks in advance.

Doug
 :)

I can't comment precisely on a J365, but my spa which has very similar plumbing, two intakes in the footwell draw when pump 2 is on while the third is a bypass for pump 1 which works through the filter and has no regular draw on it.  If you are getting good pressure from your jets, it could very well be normal.

BTW, congratulations.

JJWP

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 07:34:24 am »
Doug.....

Congrats on the tub ....I am in the holding pattern.....I am looking for an OCT 1ST delivery of my J365....

Post pics of your setup..........

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 12:49:43 pm »

I can't comment precisely on a J365, but my spa which has very similar plumbing, two intakes in the footwell draw when pump 2 is on while the third is a bypass for pump 1 which works through the filter and has no regular draw on it.  If you are getting good pressure from your jets, it could very well be normal.

BTW, congratulations.

BINGO!   We have a winner.   ;)

mellow1

• Jacuzzi J-365
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 01:27:49 pm »
Thanks for all of the replies!  If Jacuzzi Jim says it's OK... then it's OK.  He's the man!  Thanks Jim.

I have good pressure from the jets. I am going to do a complete water change in September as I am approaching 90 days with the water that's in right now.  I will do the normal maintenance on the two filters at that time.

JJWP, I will be posting pics soon!

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Doug
 8-)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 01:27:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42