What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is the Hotspring SpAudio II upgradeable?  (Read 7844 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Is the Hotspring SpAudio II upgradeable?
« on: April 29, 2006, 11:16:40 pm »
Is the new HS SpAudio II upgradeable for us pre 06' customers? Is this system available today? I don't see it listed on the website yet? Just curious.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

Is the Hotspring SpAudio II upgradeable?
« on: April 29, 2006, 11:16:40 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Is the Hotspring SpAudio II upgradeable?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 12:27:38 am »
I believe it is available for 2005 spas as a new unit.  I don't think it is practicle to go from SpAudio I to II.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 12:28:09 am »
Oh, yeah.  It is available now.

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 01:15:24 am »
I think about mid-2005 models are able to go to SpAudioII.  I agree with HTDan.  Not practicle to upgrade from SpAudio to SpAudioII.  

It is available.  Not sure why the website is not updated.  It is in the new brochures for '06 and has been available for about a month to dealers.

If you don't have SpAudio, now is a great time to get SpAudio II.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 01:33:48 am »
I'm sorry, probably too many Sierra Nevada's today. I meant upgrading from nothing to SpAudioII not from SpAudio I to SpAudio II. My bad.  :)  

I believe it is available for 2005 spas as a new unit.  I don't think it is practicle to go from SpAudio I to II.

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 01:50:13 am »
I'm sorry, probably too many Sierra Nevada's today. I meant upgrading from nothing to SpAudioII not from SpAudio I to SpAudio II. My bad.  :)  

No bad.  Just trying to be clear w/ answers.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 02:39:38 am »
OK, what's the difference between the SpAudio I and SpAudio II besides the upgraded player? What's the best way to connect an Ipod to the system? The days of playing a single CD in a player are history.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 09:00:41 am »
The differences in brief are:
  • Four channel amp (which happens to be much smaller in size)
  • Two outdoor speakers included
  • Remote is now included, and is programmed to control internal and external channels seperately as well as advancing the tuning or track on the deck
  • The deck is a decent one, and it has Aux input for Ipod use
  • To use Aux input, you have to run an RECA wire under the door of the spa: no plug or jack:'(

I plan to test to see if an Ipod can be used INSTEAD of the deck, also I don't recall if you can run MP3 discs in the deck or not.... will get back.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Ronald5599

• HS Envoy installed May 5th - Very frustrated
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 09:10:24 am »
Chas - What about being able to accept satellite radio. We were out in Las Vegas and went to a dealer (I have no idea which one - I never heard of it) and its radio system had satellite built in. That would really be a reason for an upgrade.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 09:15:51 am »
The deck is not satelite ready as it stands. I know that it is simply a marine deck mounted in the holder, so I don't know if it would be tough to change it for a different deck, however the remote control system ties into the deck so you would want to stay with Sony brand for compatability in that area.

Also, are there XM or Sirius receivers which would feed the Aux inputs or go inline with the antenna lead?

Ronald5599

• HS Envoy installed May 5th - Very frustrated
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 10:46:52 am »
Thanks for the info.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 10:53:07 am »
has anyone installed their own home-grown type stereo in these? I know a bunch of the "DIY" types, and I'd like to know if I could build a system similar to the SA without the $1700 price tag...I don't mean a hack job, either...but something that utilizes the space that SA would normally take up.   ???
RIP C-Rod

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 12:46:28 pm »
I promise: ONE OF THESE DAYS, I'm going to try a simple home stereo on a HS spa with the transducers. Those two componants are expensive enough as it is, but I want to try connecting to a simple home stereo.

Mind you - this may not satisfy the ETL listing and it may somehow open the door to great and grevious bodily harm somehow - but I want to try it.

I just hooked up our Spaudio II and ran it for the first time yesterday. It sounds much better: the Internal part is about the same, but as soon as you fade in the external speakers the 'brightness' which was missing comes back.

And if you want to run the tub as the sub, it really pumps. Wow - what is that, about five puns in one?

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2006, 01:09:13 pm »
I've got a couple 2005 spaudios complete, anyone want to make an offer?
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2006, 01:24:06 pm »
I went back and looked at the latest HS 06' brochure. I didn't see anything about external speakers. Do you install those around the spa or are they made into the shell?

OK, I'm sure I don't want to hear this but, how much is the SpAudio II system?

I promise: ONE OF THESE DAYS, I'm going to try a simple home stereo on a HS spa with the transducers. Those two componants are expensive enough as it is, but I want to try connecting to a simple home stereo.

Mind you - this may not satisfy the ETL listing and it may somehow open the door to great and grevious bodily harm somehow - but I want to try it.

I just hooked up our Spaudio II and ran it for the first time yesterday. It sounds much better: the Internal part is about the same, but as soon as you fade in the external speakers the 'brightness' which was missing comes back.

And if you want to run the tub as the sub, it really pumps. Wow - what is that, about five puns in one?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2006, 01:24:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42