What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: j-480 headrests  (Read 4093 times)

ole carter

j-480 headrests
« on: August 27, 2007, 07:19:29 pm »
Had this tub a couple of weeks now and have too say we are well pleased with it.... only issue is the head rests(they seem a little flimsy and come off a little to easy)

Any one else on here have the same probs or able to resolve the issue with a clever fix..

OR can they be swapped with any of the other jacuzzi range that are more sturdier.....??

cheers Shell

PS.. forgot to mention the iPOD light in the docking station stays on...all the time,can this be switched offff??

Hot Tub Forum

j-480 headrests
« on: August 27, 2007, 07:19:29 pm »

Mez

Re: j-480 headrests
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 09:39:09 pm »
Had this tub a couple of weeks now and have too say we are well pleased with it.... only issue is the head rests(they seem a little flimsy and come off a little to easy)

Any one else on here have the same probs or able to resolve the issue with a clever fix..

OR can they be swapped with any of the other jacuzzi range that are more sturdier.....??

cheers Shell

PS.. forgot to mention the iPOD light in the docking station stays on...all the time,can this be switched offff??
I have a J-345 and my headrests seem a bit flimsy as well...but I have never had one pop off. Mine also have the lighted Jacuzzi Logo in them so I am not sure if I would swap them. You can always buy the headrest that fit over the sides of the tub if it bothers you alot.

104 degrees

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 07:02:52 am »
[

PS.. forgot to mention the iPOD light in the docking station stays on...all the time,can this be switched offff??[/quote]

I would ask my dealer about the light.

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 09:42:49 am »
I don't own a Jacuzzi J-400 series tub, but I did wet test the J480 a couple times.  The adjustable headrests did seem to be rather cheaply made.  I'd contact your dealer about it.  I'm sure you're not the only one who found that to be the case after spending a few weeks in it.  Especially not if people find that to be the case in about half an hour.

Was a very nice tub though.  8-)

104 degrees

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 10:03:20 am »
I don't own a Jacuzzi J-400 series tub, but I did wet test the J480 a couple times.  The adjustable headrests did seem to be rather cheaply made.  I'd contact your dealer about it.  I'm sure you're not the only one who found that to be the case after spending a few weeks in it.  Especially not if people find that to be the case in about half an hour.

Was a very nice tub though.  8-)

Do you think the headrest are just softer then the hard ones i have tried? I think  i can say "bend" to fit your head??

John
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 10:03:51 am by 104_degrees »

diane

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 01:16:06 pm »
Just a response regarding ipod light....our Sundance Maxxus (owned by Jacuzzi) has the same "feature".  We've not found a way to turn it off either.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 04:09:07 pm »

cheers Shell

The light on the Ipod is on all the time not much you can do about that,as far as the pillows go they are not interchangeable with the 300 series, we had a few that have gotten loose and just short of ordering in a new one which your dealer should do if you ask!!

The other quick fix is to take a small rubber band and wrap it around the mounting psc on the spa for the pillow that will work till you get new ones.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 05:10:45 pm »
FWIW, I have had no problems with my '06 j345 pillows. They don't seem "cheaply" made at all. They've never fallen off and don't move around when mounted.  :)

ole carter

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 06:50:42 pm »
Ta very much for all your replys......

Have to say the tub is the dogs and we wet tested it 3 times,but never noticed the short comings of the head rests.They are comfy and generally move up and down with the water level,they just seem to be a little weak at the mount...(did think of putting a tie clip around,a little like your elastic band idea jaccuzi jim...)

cheers Shell

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 06:50:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42