What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Trouble shooting  (Read 3012 times)

Brian2007

Trouble shooting
« on: August 27, 2007, 01:59:47 pm »
I recently recieved a Cal Spa from my neighbor and hooked it up this weekend.  I wasn't able to get it started without unhooking the heater from the hot tub.  When it was hooked up it kept tripping the GFCI.  What possible problems should I be looking for?  Also when I did get it started pm Jet #1 was working and Jet #2 had no water pressure.  Can anyone give me some guidence?

Brian

Hot Tub Forum

Trouble shooting
« on: August 27, 2007, 01:59:47 pm »

Pathfinder

Re: Trouble shooting
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 02:10:26 pm »
Unfortunately, you will need to replace the the heater element. The faulty element will cause the breaker to trip.  It may just be that pump #2 has an airlock. Open up the union at the top of the pump you should here some air trying to escape then tighten it back up.

Brian2007

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 02:18:09 pm »
Where can I find the heating element? and how can tell that is shot?  Is it something I could replace myself?
Thanks for the help...

Brian

Pathfinder

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 04:02:10 pm »
The heater element lays inside the stainless tube under the control pack.  You can do it 2 ways replace the element itself which takes patiences and you have to be careful not to break the connection tabs when trying to feed it into the holes. The other is buying a complete assembly which is the element and housing. This way is much faster.  The heater is causing the trip probably because the outside coating of the element has worn down. Once it has worn down it causes a voltage leak thus causing your trip.  When you are looking to replace its recommended you get a higher quality element with either teflon or titanium IMO. This will help a bit more with battling bad water chems.  Your water chemistry will play a big role in how long your element will last.

Brian2007

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 04:22:46 pm »
Thanks!!!

I'll take a look at it tonight

Brian

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 04:22:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42