What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Selling house and keeping hot tub.  (Read 2217 times)

lagator43

• My wings are a shield of steel.
Selling house and keeping hot tub.
« on: August 25, 2007, 09:00:51 pm »
How much does it cost to move a hot tub?  We are selling our house and I really want to keep my tub.  If I move my tub should I take my breakers with me?  Anyone have experience in moving a tub? :-[ Help
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 09:01:44 pm by lagator43 »

Hot Tub Forum

Selling house and keeping hot tub.
« on: August 25, 2007, 09:00:51 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Selling house and keeping hot tub.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 11:31:20 pm »
Asking how much it costs to move a spa is rather like asking how much a car costs.  

Depends.  Say anywhere between $50 (Bubba and his truck) to thousands if you want it moved cross country.

How big and heavy is it?  How tough is the access from where the spa is to the street?  Are you asking about experienced spa movers or just some guys with a truck?  How far away are you moving it?   What would you expect the movers to do exactly?  Where do you live?  It probably costs more to do the job in some parts of the country than others.   Newer valuable spa, or not so much? 

I'd leave all the wiring and the breaker(s) behind that are beyond the whip.  The new homeowner gets a spa rough in if he wants.  Relatively small savings vs the work tearing it out and leaving what's left to code.

Call some people, get some quotes.  I bet you get asked some of the questions I listed.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 11:33:23 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Selling house and keeping hot tub.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 11:31:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42