What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover Handle Ripped  (Read 2980 times)

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
Cover Handle Ripped
« on: August 07, 2007, 03:46:32 pm »
Have had our tub about 6 weeks.  There are handles on the cover.  One of them ripped off.  Just contacted the dealer about it.  He said they cannot recall that happening before, but they will contact the manufacturer and get back to me.

Anyone have that happen?  Had to be a defect as it's on a lifter and it's not as if anyone was pulling on it excessively.  We just grab the handle and lift up the one side of the cover and fold the lifter back over the spa.

I could see after a couple years, but not after only 6 weeks.  Although we have used our spa a lot in that time.

Hot Tub Forum

Cover Handle Ripped
« on: August 07, 2007, 03:46:32 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Cover Handle Ripped
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 03:51:27 pm »
What kind of spa do you have? I believe most dealers have a waranty on their covers?
On a side note, I don't think I've ever used the handle on my cover. Weird.......

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 04:25:32 pm »
Define "ripped".

Vinyl handle tore.
Vinyl on cover tore.
Stitching came undone and no vinyl ripped.

Most cover warranties exclude tie-downs and handles.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 04:37:49 pm »
We have a Sundance Cameo.  Says Sundance on the bottom side of the cover.

It's not a vinyl handle.  It's canvas or something.  The vinyl on the cover tore right where the handle is.  Can no longer use the handle.

I haven't read the warranty, but I can't believe that it should rip after 6 weeks and either the dealer or manufacturer will not remedy this.  If so, I am not going to be happy with either of them.

meriflower

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 04:42:37 pm »
We had our handle rip on one side on our cover.  We were told it was not included in the warranty.  We were also told the handles were more "for show" and that to grab the skirt or flap for lifting it up.  ::)

Lars

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 04:52:27 pm »
We were also told the handles were more "for show"
That's what you always say when you've designed something poorly.  ;)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 04:53:01 pm »
It sounds like when they made the cover, whom ever sewed it, forgot, or left out the reinforcement behind the stitching.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 08:21:20 am »
We have a Sundance Cameo.  Says Sundance on the bottom side of the cover.

It's not a vinyl handle.  It's canvas or something.  The vinyl on the cover tore right where the handle is.  Can no longer use the handle.

I haven't read the warranty, but I can't believe that it should rip after 6 weeks and either the dealer or manufacturer will not remedy this.  If so, I am not going to be happy with either of them.

If it is the original cover from the tub and only 6 weeks old, Sundance will waranty it.  All the tech needs to do is come out and take a picture (or you could just email them a pic to save them a trip if possible) and send that pic in for warranty.  They do not receive any compensation for removal/disposal/delivery of the covers, so they may or may not charge you to do that stuff.  

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 09:19:21 pm »
Dealer contacted me today and said that my new cover (replacing the two month old one that ripped) is in.  They don't even want pictures.  Said that they'll be in my area next week and asked for permission to come onto my property if nobody is home to replace it and haul the other one away.

Can't ask for anything better than that.  8-)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 09:19:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42