What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just over an hour to go till delivery....  (Read 3701 times)

Nosher

• 2007 Sundance Chelsee Owner
Just over an hour to go till delivery....
« on: August 03, 2007, 01:04:42 pm »
...excited?  ;)

You bet ya!!!  :)

All ready  :D

Privacy screening in beech branches... 8-)

Homemade planters for the Wisteria - once the tub is in, we will put some beams across the top to grow a natural canopy.... :o

OK - gott ago and prepare some more !!!! AND move the bike!!!  :D

Hot Tub Forum

Just over an hour to go till delivery....
« on: August 03, 2007, 01:04:42 pm »

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
Re: Just over an hour to go till delivery....
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 01:06:33 pm »
Make sure somebody removes the dog before you place the tub.  It will be very difficult to level the tub if you don't.   ;) :D

Anticipation....Ain't it sweet!
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 01:13:26 pm »
Ah tub day!  It's a great feeling! I hope it goes smoothy.  Take pics!
07 Caldera Geneva

Nosher

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 03:57:51 pm »
Its in !!

The Birthday girl KNOWS who is first in tomorrow..... ;D

Filling up.....

In place .....

OK - enuff pics for the moment - I am off to put on the coverlifter!

« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 03:58:38 pm by Nosher »

Cyn

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 04:01:36 pm »
It's beautiful Nosh!!  Enjoy!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 04:29:23 pm »
I'm glad that the dog moved, I don't think it would have fit othwise. Unlike Rich who thought you would have a hard time leveling, I used my  brainpower to see that that dog was way too big to even think about leveling!::)

I'm also a little confused ... they filled the tub first then put it into place? Must of been some really strong people! ;) I wanted my dealer to fill it up at the store and she wouldn't. She claimed it would have spilled out when they tilted it ... I just said use cling wrap!

Happy Friday - ENJOY!

Nosher

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 05:02:45 pm »
It is the end of a really long day.....

...the sort of day where the ONLY thing I can think about is having a soak in the hot tub!! But alas, not at the moment!!

Temp is currently 17.5 and it hasn't really moved, although the heater light is on..

Expectations?

Well, the colour is lush - I really liked the marlble effect and the colour of the skirt looks spot on - the cover is now on and it looks great. I just tried out the different light effects and now the ONLY time I wantoi to soak is in DARKNESS (more attuned to my body size, but the colours look great!). The pumps work ok and all the jets are functioning....

I expected a lot and I seem very well 'done by'

The kids are excited and so and I and we all want to just SOAK !!!

So some questions -

Can I just jump in tomorrow morning and enjoy, or is there something I need to do (it has bromine tablets in the dispenser already and I have shocked the water)? SHould I do a test with the strips the guys give me and check PH's or just jump in??

Questions, questions.........

....you just KNOW there is gonna be more!!!  ::)

Cheers all for you nice comments !
Nosh.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 07:18:52 pm »
Jump right in, it's just like a bath tub. If you shocked the tub with chlorine then you hopefully killed any nasties that are around.

Since you are using bromine go here: http://www.rhtubs.com/BROMINE.htm It will explain bromine.

17.5ºC is like 45 - 50º F ... that's some cold water. Make sure your not in economy mode or the tub won't heat. A tub with a 220 volt line will heat anywhere from 4 to 6º F an hour -  Sorry, my conversion to metric is not happening today.

I like the inside ... my tub is the same marbled white with the SS jets ... you have good taste!

WannaSoakNow

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 06:54:09 pm »
NICE!!!!!! VERY NICE!!!!!!    :D

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 10:58:26 am »
Looks great Nosher and congrats!

With bromine pucks, you need to build a bank of bromine first with bromide/bromate or a bromine granular product which is hopefully what you meant by shocking. Bromine pucks are very slow release and if people don't build that bank first, you will always struggle with low bromine.

Don't relay too heavily on the pucks and after heavy use, add some granular bromine to help boost it up. This will help prevent cloudy water, foaming, etc. Make sure you leave the cover off and run the jets on high for 15-20 minutes when you shock. Oh and lastly... ENJOY IT! ;)

Steve

Nosher

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 02:57:29 pm »
Looks great Nosher and congrats!

With bromine pucks, you need to build a bank of bromine first with bromide/bromate or a bromine granular product which is hopefully what you meant by shocking. Bromine pucks are very slow release and if people don't build that bank first, you will always struggle with low bromine.

Don't relay too heavily on the pucks and after heavy use, add some granular bromine to help boost it up. This will help prevent cloudy water, foaming, etc. Make sure you leave the cover off and run the jets on high for 15-20 minutes when you shock. Oh and lastly... ENJOY IT! ;)

Steve

Thanks for the tips Steve - top job

Nosh

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 02:57:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42