What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Where do you all live that you can wet test?  (Read 8030 times)

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
Re: Where do you all live that you can wet test?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 02:10:01 pm »
My gosh, need I go on?

Do you have any in orange?  ::)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 02:10:01 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 02:21:58 pm »

Do you have any in orange?  ::)

Possibly, it's more of a copper than orange.  I can probably get you an Envoy in that color.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 02:51:56 pm »

My gosh, need I go on?

Term

I think I just bought another Envoy......

If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

104 degrees

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 03:03:42 pm »

I believe it is one of the biggest advantages we have against the competition (that, and having the very best spas in the world).

Here in good ol' East Texas, people wanting to buy a spa can go to the swimming pool store down the road and see 4 or 5 Bullfrog Spas with one of them running.  Or, they can go to another swimming pool store and see 2 CalSpas and 1 Nordic spa with no water in them.  Or, they can go to another swimming pool store and see 3 Sunbelt Spas with only 1 up and running.  Or they can go to the swimming pool store in Kilgore and see 5 Dynasty Spas and a Coleman Spa with 1 up and running.

When they come through my door, they detect a light scent of Lime and Coconut essential oil wafting through the air.  Seven beautifully lighted and accented spas are arrayed before them in a convenient pattern which allows them to peruse the merchandise in a comfortable manner.  Their charming and debonair guide appears from behind the door with a warm smile and affable demeanor, welcoming them to his establishment and imploring them to make themselves at home.  They are encouraged to step out onto the spacious deck and view our larger spas, to feel the power of the jets and the reassuring embrace of perfectly sanitized and temperate water.  A beverage of varying potency is offered for their refreshment and the shopkeep regales them with tales of happy customers and life events.  They are invited to visit the Mood Room and sample the pleasures contained therein, surrounded by the melifluous tones emanating from the SpAudio II soundsystem and the dulcit, honeydripped voicings of the proprietor.

My gosh, need I go on?

Term

Term Where do i put my signature :)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 03:23:00 pm »
Ya'll are making me blush... :-[ :D

Great news!  Our security cameras are up and running at the store and able to be viewed from the internet, so ya'll can sit back and watch the trained monkey do his best spa selling live and in color...the good, the bad, and the titillating.  This means you all get to paticipate in our VIP parties vicariously and see my crazy customers showing their bosoms in real time and in color.

I'll post the link once I get all the security checks in place.

Term

104 degrees

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 04:00:24 pm »
Great news!  Our security cameras are up and running at the store and able to be viewed from the internet, so ya'll can sit back and watch the trained monkey do his best spa selling live and in color...the good, the bad, and the titillating.  This means you all get to paticipate in our VIP parties vicariously and see my crazy customers showing their bosoms in real time and in color.

Term [/quote]

Now your Talking :)

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 04:25:08 pm »

I believe it is one of the biggest advantages we have against the competition (that, and having the very best spas in the world).

Here in good ol' East Texas, people wanting to buy a spa can go to the swimming pool store down the road and see 4 or 5 Bullfrog Spas with one of them running.  Or, they can go to another swimming pool store and see 2 CalSpas and 1 Nordic spa with no water in them.  Or, they can go to another swimming pool store and see 3 Sunbelt Spas with only 1 up and running.  Or they can go to the swimming pool store in Kilgore and see 5 Dynasty Spas and a Coleman Spa with 1 up and running.

When they come through my door, they detect a light scent of Lime and Coconut essential oil wafting through the air.  Seven beautifully lighted and accented spas are arrayed before them in a convenient pattern which allows them to peruse the merchandise in a comfortable manner.  Their charming and debonair guide appears from behind the door with a warm smile and affable demeanor, welcoming them to his establishment and imploring them to make themselves at home.  They are encouraged to step out onto the spacious deck and view our larger spas, to feel the power of the jets and the reassuring embrace of perfectly sanitized and temperate water.  A beverage of varying potency is offered for their refreshment and the shopkeep regales them with tales of happy customers and life events.  They are invited to visit the Mood Room and sample the pleasures contained therein, surrounded by the melifluous tones emanating from the SpAudio II soundsystem and the dulcit, honeydripped voicings of the proprietor.

My gosh, need I go on?

Term
Well played good sir!

Personally, I couldn't WAIT to wet test.  My wife and I's first test was actually at the state fair if you can believe it -- we jumped in and the sales guy was so excited he started hooting and hollering to whoever would listen "WE'RE WET TESTING SPAS OVER HERE!"  Luckily it was 20 minutes before fair-closing time so there wasn't much of a crowd...  :D
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2007, 04:26:57 pm »
Ya'll are making me blush... :-[ :D

Term

I'll take the yearly full access membership. That way my wife won't see monthly charges on our CC statement.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007, 04:31:01 pm »

My gosh, need I go on?

Term

Okay, that's all well and good, but when do they get to pull out the guns and start shootin' stuff?
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2007, 04:38:17 pm »

I agree with Term.  Seeing is believing.  We only went to three places to look at spas.  

The first, there was only one salesman on duty, so he could not leave the other customers to help us, which I do understand, but we didn't want to wait for who knows how long, so we left.  Two tubs were filled.

The second, the two people who were there were too busy doing who knows what, we had to ask for one of them to help us, the fellow gave us some brochures and said if we had any questions to let him know.  So we left after a few minutes.  No tubs filled.

The third was the charm.  We walked in and a nice young lady greeted us, and showed us the hot tubs ( all filled buy the way), 11 of them.  We looked around and saw a few we liked.  We kept going back to the HS Prodigy, it was filled, but we didn't want to go in and wet test because I have a hard time getting in and out of things with my arthritis, so she turned on the jets, we felt the jets, and saw the water swirl around, and we were sold.  Gave a deposit right then and there.  And have not been sorry, we just love it.  

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007, 04:40:51 pm »

Okay, that's all well and good, but when do they get to pull out the guns and start shootin' stuff?

Anytime they like!  Shortspark here had his choice of a Walther P-99 9mm, a Sig-Sauer P220 .45, or the Bushmaster AR-15 .223.  He chose the Walther.  There are always empty beer bottles about.

Term

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 08:01:18 pm »

Just a quote from someone that stated it well... ;)

Welcome aboard and thanks for bringing the right attitude. The more we can get people to talk about their product without using the word "best", the better off this site will be.

ptSoaker

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 09:40:01 pm »
We are waaaaay upstate in Rochester.  We wet tested Hot Spring, Caldera, Jacuzzi, Arctic and Sundance and there may have been another brand.  We also drove to Buffalo to look at Artesians but they didn't have the model we were insterested in.   I was so glad I heard about wet testing here before we started shopping.   A couple of the tubs we loved dry simply did not work well for us in the wet test (seats too deep, could not stay seated, etc).  And surprisingly, a tub I was not overly impressed with dry testing made the 'short list' after wet testing.

Better to know whether it works for before dropping that kind of money!  Definitely wet test if you can.  If a dealer has a number of tubs but none are set up to wet test I would steer clear.   It's the equivalent of car shopping and the dealer letting you sit in the cars, but not test drive.  I'm sure they have reasons but to me as a consumer, it makes no sense when you are spending 5-10K.

Edited to add... when the dealers have had a larger tub filled for wet testing have you asked about the possibility of them filling the model you are interested in?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 09:44:49 pm by PW_Soaker »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2007, 10:03:03 am »
I would never have ALL of my tubs filled. Sitting in it dry is part of the sales/buying  process and as we've seen, very few people actually wet test.

If there's a model you are interested in but it's dry, most dealers will fill that spa for you. You may need to give them a day or 2 to get it ready for you but throwing a sump pump in and changing the wiring over can be done in most instances. I wouldn't loose a sale by not doing it for a potential customer...

Some really good insight in that post of yours about wet testing and how some tubs can be different once filled. I'm sure that's helpful to many people in the same stage of shopping!

Steve

JerryofWNY

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2007, 10:35:48 am »
Back to Kaisermust's problem. You can't be too far from a metropolitan area. With a little planning you should be able to test several tubs in a day and more if you make it a weekend. Get the numbers of spa dealers in the city of your choice from the on line yellow pages. Make the necessary calls and set up appointments for a given day or two.
BTW I'm in the Buffalo area and had the opportunity to test several tubs.

The dealer I just purchased from had several models on the floor filled and ready to test, but not the model I was interested in. He happily got the rtub ready for a test when I called a few days later. That effort sealed the deal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2007, 10:35:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42