What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: PDC, Arctic,Gulfcoast,Clearwater or other TP spa?  (Read 7395 times)

SugarBear

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
Re: PDC, Arctic,Gulfcoast,Clearwater or other TP s
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 10:54:53 am »
Yeah, but when you live down in the City, anything above the Cross Westchester Expressway is Upstate. ;) LOL.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 10:54:53 am »

countryboy

• soak it in cider
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 10:57:12 am »
when you live on lake Ontario anything below you is downstate, which is about 80% of the state but 95% of the population:0)

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 11:09:37 am »
 Matter of fact, it is so well insulated that the only problem that I have is in the summer, trying to keep the water temp in the mid 90's.  The pumps alone keep the temp from dropping below 94 degrees.  Good luck in your search!

Thats a problem we all have, lol.  Tough to keep it under 100 in the summer.  Thats why spas don't work real well as pools unless you prop the cover up.

Tom

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 06:37:48 pm »
 I also bought an Arctic, Tundra legend SE.... Matter of fact, it is so well insulated that the only problem that I have is in the summer, trying to keep the water temp in the mid 90's.  The pumps alone keep the temp from dropping below 94 degrees.

Arctic offers a couple of solutions to this.

The first is the louvred, screened summer door.  Photographer Robert LaPalme (www.robertlapalme.com) of Quebec recently posted three nice photos.

The second solution is the Chiller, shown below.  This solid-state device has no plumbing connections, so it's easy to add to any Arctic spa. It works by cooling the air inside your cabinet, which in turn cools the shell and the water. Perimeter Heatlock insulation continues to work for you by keeping the cool in and the hot out. (I tried hard not to make this sound like a sales pitch.  If I failed, please forgive me.)

(Photo Credit:  Arctic Spas Marketing Dept.)

The summer 07 edition of Arctic Splash, our consumer newsletter, featured an article on keeping your Arctic Spa cool.  You can find it on the corporate site.

It's ironic that, after working so hard to keep the heat in, we had to come up with ways to get the heat out!

104 degrees

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 06:58:06 pm »
The first is the louvred, screened summer door.  Photographer Robert LaPalme (www.robertlapalme.com) of Quebec recently posted three nice photos.

The second solution is the Chiller, shown below.  This solid-state device has no plumbing connections, so it's easy to add to any Arctic spa. It works by cooling the air inside your cabinet, which in turn cools the shell and the water. Perimeter Heatlock insulation continues to work for you by keeping the cool in and the hot out. (I tried hard not to make this sound like a sales pitch.  If I failed, please forgive me.)

(Photo Credit:  Arctic Spas Marketing Dept.)

The summer 07 edition of Arctic Splash, our consumer newsletter, featured an article on keeping your Arctic Spa cool.  You can find it on the corporate site.

It's ironic that, after working so hard to keep the heat in, we had to come up with ways to get the heat out![/quote]

Sweet looking skirts :)

John

Steelerpete

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 07:54:14 pm »
Hey Kaisermust, we bought the Coyote Renegade about 2 months ago and we use the spa 40 to 80 mins a night and the hydro bill was about 30 dollars more and I wouldn't expect to pay any more then that in the winter and we live in Ontario. We will use it for less time in the winter but the tub is so efficient that it will be cheap to run. We
couldn't afford the Arctic but have been very happy with the model we have, lots of room, lots of great jets, and very hot water, all you need. We have the tub set of 99 degrees and the heater never turns on and when we get out the tub is around 102.  :) :) :) Good luck with your shopping,

Pete    

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 10:31:09 pm »
Nice pictures.  I love Arctic's wood cabinet.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 10:31:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42