What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: first soak  (Read 2493 times)

eightisenough

first soak
« on: August 15, 2007, 08:13:36 pm »
My Cameo, came last week,  finally had it hooked up so I coujld use it.
My first soak, after a minute my four littles ones jumped in so it was less than relaxing.  Hopefully, they will go to sleep soon, and my second soak will be better.

What temp do people keep the tub at in the summer?    

Hot Tub Forum

first soak
« on: August 15, 2007, 08:13:36 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: first soak
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 08:37:57 pm »
Depends on the temp.

When it's really hot - 99 or 100.

Cooler - 100 or 101.

With a 220 volt tub the nice thing is you can get the tub hot quickly. My 12 YO had his friend over recently and they went into the tub; they also turned the temp down to 89 and I didn't know it. I went to go in it and it was way too cold for a HOT tub so I put the temp up and in 2 hours it was ready!

To cool it down leave the cover off.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 09:52:19 pm »
I keep mine at 101 in summer and 102 in winter.  I generally soak early mornings when it's cool so the 101 summer temp works for me.  I don't use the spa during the day in the summer.  I discovered early in my ownership that the spa didn't do much for me on hot days even with the temp turned down, so I ended up buying a small pool to go along with the spa.

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 06:44:42 pm »
My kids are 12-10-9, and we'll turn it way down--not sure what temp it actually gets to, at least 98 if not a tad below.  Last summer when it was new, they put their goggles on and swam around as best they could.  Thankfully they have mellowed out with their first year of tubbing under their belts.  Now they pour tall, ice-cold waters, and hang out while playing cards.  Or they just hang out with a friend for a good hour, just soaking and chatting.

We go through a LOT of Dichlor keeping it clean, (lotions, hair potions, other people's gross unclean kids) but hey, it is being used and enjoyed, by all!  

In the winter, we keep it around 102, as  then the whole family can enjoy it together for awhile.  I count on the cold MN air to chill it a bit so we can stay in longer.
2005 HS Vanguard

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 09:06:59 pm »
Right around 98 to99 in the summer

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 09:06:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42