What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: love it  (Read 5756 times)

daaw

love it
« on: July 14, 2007, 06:37:56 am »
I finally made my purchase, a used Prodigy and could not be happier.  I still need to trim it in but want to wait until I get a different type cover lifter.  My deck design would not allow the use of the one it came with.  Could I sell the old one on E-Bay?  Here is one pic, and I will post more when I get the trim boards down and the rest of the railing complete.  I designed the deck without knowing anything about hot tubs, which was a mistake, hope not to have to have it serviced anytime soon!

Hot Tub Forum

love it
« on: July 14, 2007, 06:37:56 am »

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
Re: love it
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 08:05:26 am »
That is one beautiful back yard you got there. I really like the wood railings with the metal(?) inserts.  Since you can't use the standard coverlift, how about attaching supports to the back of the tub that you could slide the folded-over cover off of the tub towards the potted plants at the back.  The arms attached to the tub and would support the cover after you slid it off the tub.  They can fold out of the way when not in use.  Another benefit is that this arrangement does not block your view at all.  This might even work better if you can turn your tub so that the rear of the tub is at the edge of your deck (but I realize that may not be possible due to the dimensions of your deck or your electric)

Nice setup!
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

daaw

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 08:11:51 am »
Thanks for the suggestion.  I had not thought of that but will give it more thought.  I sure would like to forego the expense of a new lifter.  Can I offer the old lifter for sale on this forum?

Richs100

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 11:45:48 am »
I found what I was talking about.  Its called the Covershelf.  Dr. Spa has them at his site www.rhtubs.com.  I stole the picture from his site.   ::)

Pathfinder

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 02:27:47 pm »
The cover shelf works alright  but I prefer the cover roller It has rollers on the arm which makes it easier for yourself and no dragging for the cover.  I stumbled on this site a little while ago you might wanna check it out to see what may fit your situation it has all the types of removers in full annimation.

http://www.midwestspacovers.com/liftsremovers.htm

daaw

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 02:51:41 pm »
Yes,  I meant pre-owned, just not factory certified.  The next time I take pictures I will include my wife's feet...they are smoking!!  :D

The lifter pictured won't work, as I have a joist right at the back of the tub that for strucutural reasons needs to stay.  Well, maybe it will if I have enough clearance between the deck and the top of the deck.  The only other lifter I can find that will fit, stands half up on the back, obstructing my views   :-[
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 02:55:12 pm by daaw »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 03:17:08 pm »
Try putting them other side.  Might be awkward, but it might work.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 03:17:29 pm by hottubdan »
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Richs100

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 03:30:58 pm »
Hey Daaw:

Maybe I'm a bit confused as to what is the "back" of your spa.  From the picture you posted, the controls are on the front.  The back, to me, would be the side facing the potted plants on the deck.  That was where I was suggesting you could mount the sliders, then push the folded cover towards the plants.

Rich

daaw

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 03:47:31 pm »
We are talking the same side...

I was trying to say that I might not have enough height from the top of the deck boards to the top of the spa.  

I just looked at Dr. Spa's website and I need 18" for the vertical pieces.  It's been some time since I measured, but I think i have 14"...will check again tonight.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 04:51:59 pm »
 The next time I take pictures I will include my wife's feet...they are smoking!!  :D
Why don't you let me be the judge of that. I've never come across another male that is more infactuated with feet as me.  :) I'll be anxiously awaiting the pics....

Btw, very nice spread daaaaaaaaaw! 8-)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 09:28:33 pm by WHY_NOT »

Mez

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 08:34:25 pm »
Why don't you let me be the judge of that. I've never come across another male that is more infactuated with feet as me.  :) I'll be anxiously awaiting the pics....
Maybe this will help your infatuation a bit :)

Sorry, couldnt resist :)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 08:39:38 pm »
While we're waiting, I thought I'd share a recent pic of my lady's feet. This was taken yesterday while we were laying out by the spa. Speaking of my spa, it's almost impossible for me to get her out of the seat that blasts your feet. She loves foot massages. Probably b/c she's so used to me rubbing them. :) What do you think?

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 08:43:53 pm »

Please tell me those aren't your wife's feet.

Richs100

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2007, 11:23:58 pm »

I think those are feet after Chad has gotten through with them.  ;D

daaw

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 07:56:48 am »
Chad,

I think we need more pics to truly judge her body...I mean feet!!  I suggest a pic of her laying down on her stomach so we can see the bottom...of her feet I mean ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 07:56:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42