What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: newbe and looking for top quality  (Read 1703 times)

ecturner

newbe and looking for top quality
« on: August 14, 2007, 07:11:42 am »
I am looking for companies that put out the best and most long lasting hot tub. We will not be using for parties so I am looking for a good 3 person hot tub for therapy use.
Who makes the best one out there. Who should I stay away from
I look forward to your input

Hot Tub Forum

newbe and looking for top quality
« on: August 14, 2007, 07:11:42 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: newbe and looking for top quality
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 07:45:29 am »
Nobody makes "the best", except in their own estimation.  Some good names, in no particular order are, Hotsprings, Jacuzzi, Sundance, Master, Cal, Marquis, Emerald, Beachcomber, Coleman, and the list goes on.  
 One to avoid would be anything that appears to cheap to be believable.  Like some of the stuff sold at big box stores, out of warehouses, or on the internet.  
 Clue:  If you see a spa with a "regular" price of $15,000 being sold out of a garage or warehouse for about $5,000 you're really getting a $5000 spa, not a $15,000 one.
If you've never heard of the brand, and there seems to have no local dealer network, good luck in getting service and support when you need it.
Never buy anything this expensive without actually seeing one at least plugged and running- to get in a try it out is even better.  
 Stick with a major brand sold by a local dealer with a good reputation, and you'll do fine.
Brewman

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 08:07:11 am »
AND MAKE SURE YOU WET-TEST!  People have various opinions about what they are wanting in a hot tub, and you can't tell what you're truly getting til you try them out.  Most people wouldn't buy a car without test-driving...same goes for a hot tub, in my opinion.  We had one place tell us we couldn't wet test....see ya.  We didn't even give them a second look.  I wasn't going to drop $8-10 grand without trying it out.   Dealer reputation was also a big factor in our search.  If we have problems with our tub, I wanted to make sure we would get taken care of. Good luck in your quest!
--renee  
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 08:08:38 am by rnblase »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 08:22:49 am »
As a first time spa owner, I would stick to the manufacturers with a good source for service.  Though not rocket science, hot tubs do utilize electronics that keep your spa safe, clean and not frozen.  Many people can swap out a pump or maybe even a flow switch or heater, but beyond that takes a bit of know how.  There is an extremely high likelyhood that your spa will need service, no matter who makes it.  Your spa could last for twenty plus years.  You want to be sure you can still get it serviced.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 08:22:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42