What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any Advice?  (Read 2476 times)

kevinv18

Any Advice?
« on: August 12, 2007, 10:28:08 pm »
We've narrowed down our search to the Sundance Optima and the HotSpring Grandee. Today we wet tested the Optima and liked it, but there is one thing I am concerned about. In one of the seats on the corners, there was a large group of a bunch little jets. When I sat in this seat and turned up the power, it felt good, but it literally pushed me out of the seat into the middle of the spa. When I turned the power down so I could stay in my seat, it did not feel as if I was getting the best massage. Is this normal? Does it just take some getting used to? I haven't wet tested the Grandee yet but will it be like this as well? Will the HotSpring Moto-Massage be like this?

Any input whatsoever would help me a lot.

Thanks for your help,

Kevin

Hot Tub Forum

Any Advice?
« on: August 12, 2007, 10:28:08 pm »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: Any Advice?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 10:46:12 pm »
We've narrowed down our search to the Sundance Optima and the HotSpring Grandee. Today we wet tested the Optima and liked it, but there is one thing I am concerned about. In one of the seats on the corners, there was a large group of a bunch little jets. When I sat in this seat and turned up the power, it felt good, but it literally pushed me out of the seat into the middle of the spa. When I turned the power down so I could stay in my seat, it did not feel as if I was getting the best massage. Is this normal? Does it just take some getting used to? I haven't wet tested the Grandee yet but will it be like this as well? Will the HotSpring Moto-Massage be like this?

Any input whatsoever would help me a lot.

Thanks for your help,

Kevin

My two favorite spas are the Optima and the Grandee.  I believe the seat you are referencing is the therapy seat.  I cannot sit in that seat with all the power diverted to those jets and the air venturis turned on.  I use it without the air which gives a really good massage or I just adjust the diverter to where it is comfortable.  You can adjust that to give as much power as you like.  Another thing to check...the center part of those jets rotate to change to give a different feel.  Ask the dealer about it.  I love that seat and use it in different ways all the time.

meriflower

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 12:36:59 am »
I had a chance to try out a Grandee today and tried out the moto massage for the first time.  I have read here that people either love it or hate it.  My hubby and I both love it - it is really unique.  As far as being blasted out of the seat by the moto massage, that didn't happen to either me or my hubby and we tried various levels.

Certainly test the Grandee.   Then wet test them again!  Play with the diverters to dial in what feels good for you.  Personally I find a lower setting to be the best massage vs. having the jets blasting full speed.  But that is just me.  If you find that you like having the jets on full, you may just have to anchor your feet on something so you can keep yourself in the seat.

Also, wet test as many spas as you can - I know if we had wet tested a Hot Spring with a moto we would currently be HS owners.   :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 12:42:50 am by meriflower »

kevinv18

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 12:39:44 am »
Does the Grandee have any foot massage jets?

Are they any good?

Thanks for your help,

Kevin
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 12:43:15 am by kevinv18 »

kevinv18

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 12:42:48 am »
Does anyone know how much the optional HotSpring remote costs?

Thanks for your help,

Kevin

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 09:28:05 am »
Does the Grandee have any foot massage jets?

Are they any good?

Thanks for your help,

Kevin

Grandee foot jets are awesome.  It is my favorite jet on my Jetsetter.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 09:28:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42