What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: STEREO...OR NO STEREO...??  (Read 3636 times)

JJWP

STEREO...OR NO STEREO...??
« on: August 09, 2007, 05:30:42 am »
I AMY READY TO PULL THE TRIGGER ON A NEW J345...THE QUESTION IS STEREO OR NO STEREO????  ANY SUGGESTIONS?          

Hot Tub Forum

STEREO...OR NO STEREO...??
« on: August 09, 2007, 05:30:42 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: STEREO...OR NO STEREO...??
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 07:50:04 am »
Totally your decision.  I got the built in stereo on my Optima, and don't regret the decision one bit.  The sound is WAY better than any portable, and it's very convenient.
Was a little spendy, but I really could care less- spa was paid for long ago.
  Others will recommend taking a portable out with you when you soak,  or use an Ipod or other similar gadget,  install outdoor speakers.  
 It's your spa, your wallet, your ears.  

This is really a luxury purchase, and to me, not getting exactly what you want is shorting yourself the experience.  The price you pay is short term, the merchandis will be there for many, many years.  Get exactly what you want.  Don't compromise.

Brewman

JJWP

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 08:05:40 am »
I WAS MUCH MORE CONCERNED ABOUT WEATHER AND THE CD PLAYER WORKING PROPERLY...I AM IN CHICAGO AREA AND IT GETS PRETTY COLD HERE..... I SOMETIMES HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THE CD PLAYER IN MY TRUCK WORKING ON THE COLD DAYS....I AM ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT SPEAKERS IN THAT ENVIRONMENT...... I WAS ALSO TOLD THAT THE RADIOS HAVE A BAD REPUTATION GETTING GOOD RECEPTION....I DONT WANT TO GET STUCK WITH A $1000.00 CD PLAYER... I MIGHT HAVE MISSED IT BUT I DIDN'T SEE ANY INFO ON JACUZZI WEBSIGHT ON STEREO WARRANTY.....SO I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT EXPERIANCES ANYONE ELSE MAY HAVE HAD.....

loosenupspas

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 10:02:25 am »
I sell stereos with CD players.......It isn't a huge segment of my business.  The way a Coleman is constructed the cold weather won't be a factor.  One thing I reallly like is attaching my Ipod to the system.  With the Ipod, you have some much you can listen to, Podcasts while soaking are great.  When the stereo is built into the hot tub the sound is improved over something more portable.  The warranty is generally the stereo manufacturer's and not the tub company.  Our is 12 months, I work on them if there is a problem.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 11:34:33 am »
Jacuzzi owns Sundance, so there may be some overlap in equipment, or maybe not, but I've put my spa stereo thru 4 minnesota winters, and it's never skipped a beat.  
Not sure about Jacuzzi, but the Sundance stereo I have is a marine grade, sealed unit.  It sells at discount marine suppliers for over $400 for the radio unit alone.
  Everything still works like new.  

I get any radio stations I care to listen to without any problems.  But that totally depends on your specific layout.  

Warranty info. should be available from dealer, or on Jacuzzi's website.  
I believe mine was 12 months, but I'd have to check for sure.

It would be easier to read you posts if you didn't type in all caps, by the way.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 11:36:34 am by Brewman »
Brewman

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 04:28:33 pm »
Jacuzzi owns Sundance, so there may be some overlap in equipment, or maybe not, but I've put my spa stereo thru 4 minnesota winters, and it's never skipped a beat.  
Not sure about Jacuzzi, but the Sundance stereo I have is a marine grade, sealed unit.  It sells at discount marine suppliers for over $400 for the radio unit alone.
  Everything still works like new.  

I get any radio stations I care to listen to without any problems.  But that totally depends on your specific layout.  

Warranty info. should be available from dealer, or on Jacuzzi's website.  
I believe mine was 12 months, but I'd have to check for sure.

It would be easier to read you posts if you didn't type in all caps, by the way.

Jacuzzi now uses the same stereo that Sundance has been using for years.  They even use the subwoofer in the 400 series.  For a while they used the same Proplaner stereo but no sub.

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 04:59:27 pm »
I saw it, liked it, bought it and don't regret it.  Totally a personal choice.

JJWP

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 05:05:15 pm »
Thank you all very much for your help .............

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 09:02:06 pm »
I'm a huge music fan and have music everywhere in the house. That said, when I get a new tub, I'm going to go with wireless speakers outside and rig it up to my existing stereo.

Less to go wrong, less expensive and overall better sound quality.

When I sold spas, I would hazard a guess that stereo's represented about 5 - 10% of our total sales. There's no right or wrong answer to that question but you have options...

Steve

Mainer

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 10:46:12 pm »
I installed 2 KLH outdoor speakers for less than 200.00.  They sound great.  Also listen to them when I'm in the pool.  Love to hear those Red Sox games while relaxing.  Bill
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 10:46:47 pm by Mainer »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 09:10:09 am »
I installed 2 KLH outdoor speakers for less than 200.00.  They sound great.  Also listen to them when I'm in the pool.  Love to hear those Red Sox games while relaxing.  Bill

How can you relax and listen to a Red Sox game? :)

anne

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 03:22:37 am »
My boyfriend is an audiophile nut, which in turn has at least made me a bit more aware and appreciative of what is out there, and there is no way that I'd spring for any sound system attached to a tub. It may be an easy and quick solution, but as Mainer said, you could set something up of much higher quality and at a MUCH better price. It would take a bit more effort, but at a fraction of the cost, and for better versatility and quality, it seems the only way to go for me.
Dance like nobody's watching

Nosher

• 2007 Sundance Chelsee Owner
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 11:36:03 am »
I AMY READY TO PULL THE TRIGGER ON A NEW J345...THE QUESTION IS STEREO OR NO STEREO????  ANY SUGGESTIONS?          

Something for your to consider....

When I wanted to ADD a stereo to a Sundance tub, I was told it was a £1000 extra <gulp!>  :-?

But when I got my Chelsee, the dealer stated that the colour I wanted had no stereo and as a result he would knock £300 off the price........  >:(

We do NOT have a stereo, and I can say that I ain't missed much.

Anyways with the jets going you would have to turn it up and would just pi$$ off the neighbours!!

I would say no - want moosic (?), get a $40 of speakers to go with yer IPod!! :)

Nosh

Mainer

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 08:39:07 am »

How can you relax and listen to a Red Sox game? :)
It sure wasn't easy this weekend!  Bill

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 08:39:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42