What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ARRGH!!! Newbie issues - help!  (Read 5686 times)

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
Re: ARRGH!!! Newbie issues - help!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 09:47:36 am »
We developed a foam issue with our Sundance Cameo after a few weeks.  Used the anti-foam stuff, and it worked for a couple days.  Then it just appeared to be unbearable.  Saw the suggestion here to drain and refill after a month.  Did so and our water has been sparkling ever since.  Of course, it's only been a little over two weeks.  I'm anxious to see what happens over the next few weeks.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 09:47:36 am »

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 09:50:36 am »
We developed a foam issue with our Sundance Cameo after a few weeks.  Used the anti-foam stuff, and it worked for a couple days.  Then it just appeared to be unbearable.  Saw the suggestion here to drain and refill after a month.  Did so and our water has been sparkling ever since.  Of course, it's only been a little over two weeks.  I'm anxious to see what happens over the next few weeks.

The only time I have had a problem with foaming was on my first fill when my tub was new.  I really think it has to do with the new plumbing getting washed out.  That's why the 30 day rule is such a good idea.
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 03:00:12 pm »
I've never had foam in the 10 months I've had my spa . :P
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 03:00:49 pm by WHY_NOT »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 04:34:50 pm »
I've never had foam in the 10 months I've had my spa . :P

Usually I don't have a foam problem, but summertime is tough at my house.  From the beach to the pool to the spa...lots of teenagers.  I'm lucky to keep the sand cleaned up let alone foam.  I don't even try to tackle it because the next day it will start over again.  Not to mention getting the water clear when they are done.  I just change the water every couple of months and count the days till they're off to school. :)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2007, 03:20:36 pm »

Usually I don't have a foam problem, but summertime is tough at my house.  From the [glow]beach[/glow] to the[glow] pool[/glow] to the spa :)
For some reason I have no simpathy. ;)

« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 03:24:36 pm by WHY_NOT »

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2007, 08:00:37 pm »
For some reason I have no simpathy. ;)

Yeah, it really sounds like a thug life you got there with the pool, beach and hot tub.   :)
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2007, 10:39:57 pm »

Yeah, it really sounds like a thug life you got there with the pool, beach and hot tub.   :)

Hey, I can't help it if I live a mile from the ocean. :)

My house has been a hot spot for teens the past two summers.  My kids are not shy about inviting their friends over.  They think nothing of comming sandy from the beach and jumping in the tub.  It certainly has taken a beating.  Tomorrow, I change the water.  Major part of warranty ends on Wednesday. :(    Can't believe I've owned it five years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2007, 10:39:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42