What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Mosquitoes  (Read 7642 times)

Spiderman

Re: Mosquitoes
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 10:12:59 pm »
We use Tiki Torches as well; works like a charm.  Usually by this time of year, though, the mosquitos seem to be gone  :-?
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 10:12:59 pm »

Big_Dog

• 2007 Jacuzzi J-470
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2007, 02:45:39 pm »
try a little device called Therma-Cell. They sell them at most outdoor stores including wal-mart. It works better than anything I have found. It is portable so use it in the woods when camping, hiking, fishing, etc. and it also keeps flies away.

SpaNE

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2007, 07:19:08 pm »
try a little device called Therma-Cell. They sell them at most outdoor stores including wal-mart. It works better than anything I have found. It is portable so use it in the woods when camping, hiking, fishing, etc. and it also keeps flies away.

Thanks!  I"m gonna give it a try.  Here is a link to their website:

http://www.mosquitorepellent.com/index.htm
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 09:51:27 pm by wmccall »

SpaNE

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007, 07:21:57 pm »
I moved from IL so SoCal in 1993.  I knew the weather was better, but the best surprise was when I found out we don't have mosquitoes! (no fresh water lying around for them to breed in)

-geekd

I still don't understand why SoCal does not have mosquitoes - SoCal certainly has yards with fresh water lying around for them to breek in.   :-?

Pathfinder

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2007, 07:28:14 pm »
Its simply a  trade off for no mosquitoes  you have to endure earthquakes, wildfires,& mudslides. ;)

geekd

• 2006 HS Grandee
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 08:17:24 pm »

I still don't understand why SoCal does not have mosquitoes - SoCal certainly has yards with fresh water lying around for them to breek in.   :-?

We do?  Not in my neighborhood.  We got 5 inches of rain this year.  Puddles from a lawn sprinkler dry up quick.  I'm at the coast, inland is even dryer.

SoCal is a big desert.  We have ants & flies, (and fleas, man we got fleas)  but no mosquitoes.

My Sister is in Dallas.  They have some kind of mosquito misting system that they love.  It's this company: http://www.mosquitoforce.com/index.html

« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 08:25:29 pm by geekd »

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 10:11:42 am »

I took Big Dog's advice and went and bought the Therma-Cell unit yesterday at Walmart.  The clerk in the aisle said she JUST put them out.  Sounds like they sell out as soon as they get them in.  Anyway, we used it last night in the backyard while raking dirt and planting grass.  Didn't get bugged by ONE mosquito!  I paid about $25 for the unit....well worth the money so far!  And there was no smell to it either.  I do not like the smell of citronella candles, not to mention I don't think they work that great.
--renee

Big_Dog

• 2007 Jacuzzi J-470
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 03:18:42 pm »
Glad to be of assistance. :)
We spend alot of time outdoors and I have not found anything that works as well.

Dekken Tubb

• You can't fix stupid...but you can use duct tape.
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2007, 11:13:29 pm »
After reading up on this device, we decided to try it out, as the little buggers are bad this year...more so than in past years.  Anyway, got it home, set it up, turned it on....no mosquitoes  :)  Awesome!  And we can take it camping too.
2007 Coleman 481

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2007, 11:13:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42