What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi Leak  (Read 6136 times)

spaz

Jacuzzi Leak
« on: July 31, 2007, 09:42:49 pm »
Once again, THANK YOU JACUZZI JIM FOR YOUR EXPERT ADVISE!!!!!   From my previous topic of Balancing Chemicals and on...and on... and on....we had a leak.  And thanks to Jacuzzi Jim, my hubby was able to detect the problem (it was the waterfall feature) and fix the problem (well we hope)!  No wonder we were having such an issue balancing the chemicals.  The water level was dropping every day and we were constantly adding fresh water.  Yes, it took me almost a month to figure this out but thanks to help on this web site, I realized that you should not have to top off your tub everyday.  

I can't thank everyone enough for all their expert advise.  We newbies who have no idea what we are doing truly appreciate your expertise!!!!  

For everyeone purchasing a new Jacuzzi, check the waterfall prior to the dealer leaving.  My hubby was able to twist the valve with his fingers and it should definitely be tighter.

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU JACUZZI JIM!!!!!!!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi Leak
« on: July 31, 2007, 09:42:49 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi Leak
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 02:05:30 pm »
 Thanks for the props!!   Hope it works out for you!!   Please call me if you have any other questions!!!

Now call you dealer and give em a hard time!!   ;)

Steelerpete

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 05:08:04 pm »
Hey Spaz, did you find a solution to the little red bumps on your skin? I have been getting them for the last couple days and we use bromine in our tub. Thanks,

Pete

spaz

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 06:51:41 pm »
Hi Steeler Pete,

Are you from Pittsburgh--that's my hometown!  I never found out the true cause of the little red bumps but believe it may have been related to a low pH or low alkalinity so if your levels are low, don't use the tub until you get the readings right.  

I am not an expert but think it might have been the cause.  

Steelerpete

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 07:04:30 pm »
No, I'm a Canadian but a huge Steelers fan up here in the north. So the bumps are gone now? And did they take a while to disappear after they started? Mine seem to be drying out and not getting any worse. Thanks, and football starts Sunday WOOO HOOO.

GO STEELERS

Pete

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 07:24:02 pm »
Being a Seahawks fan since day one,I must say I dont like the Steelers.   >:(    ;D

Steelerpete

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 09:01:53 pm »
I guess so Jim, but better luck this year!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) ;)

spaz

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 09:28:59 pm »
I have been a Steeler's fan my whole life.  

The bumps were small, almost pimple like on my neck with (I know this is gross-sorry) but a little puss.  I had some under my armpits that were much larger.  Nothing ever itched or hurt, they were just ugly.  They lasted about a week.  

My husband had some under his armpits and his were painful.  They were much larger than mine, they were like swollen nodes and very red.  His were painful.  They lasted about 2 1/2 weeks.  

Again, no explanation because we did not go to the dr. for them to tell us "we have no idea what you have".  So that's all I can tell you.  

Steelerpete

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2007, 08:51:15 am »
Thanks Spaz, mine are like your hubby's so I guess I will have to wait. Did you avoid the tub until they where gone? We are on holiday's this week and it's going to suck having to stay out of the tub.  :) : :'(

spaz

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 05:04:09 pm »
Yes, you absolutely should because you don't want to spread it to others.  Others did use the tub while I couldn't but we kept it to 20 minutes.  Long, long soaks may have something to do with it.

Jacuzzi Jim--Seahawks fan--and I gave you so many kudos  ;)

But I'll let it slide because the tub is still full of water--again, I can't thank you enough!  

Pathfinder

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 08:07:29 pm »
It sounds like folliculitis  which happens with low sanitizer and Ph levels out of whack.
Wipe down the top side of your spa with some bleach and water. Heres a link to do some follow up reading http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/folliculitis/DS00512/DSECTION=1

lasagna

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 11:23:52 am »
Finally, a topic I can offer some guidance. Pus mean infection. Triple antibiotic ointment helps. Red line down arm means run to hospital because infection has gone into bloodstream.  Fever means get oral antibiotics from doctor.

Itching usually means allergy. Ice, antihistamines, caladryl (that is kept in frig) if needed.If you feel throat closing, run to hospital.

Location of pimples is important. If in hairy areas (armpits) then consider folliculitis. If in major heat generating centers (neck, trunk) then it's probably systemic (meaning it got into your body by swallowing or absorbing into mucous membranes).

Always cover any open cuts before going into hot tub.  Pathogens breed in warm water.

Chemical aberrations can cause skin irritations. I always  shower after a soak. Or I'll wake up with some dermatitis (skin reaction).      

I'm trying to reciprocate with some knowledge here. I have nothing to offer as far as hot tub advice. I feel like I am sponging info off people.  

spaz

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 05:48:31 pm »
Finally, a topic I can offer some guidance. Pus mean infection. Triple antibiotic ointment helps. Red line down arm means run to hospital because infection has gone into bloodstream.  Fever means get oral antibiotics from doctor.

Itching usually means allergy. Ice, antihistamines, caladryl (that is kept in frig) if needed.If you feel throat closing, run to hospital.

Location of pimples is important. If in hairy areas (armpits) then consider folliculitis. If in major heat generating centers (neck, trunk) then it's probably systemic (meaning it got into your body by swallowing or absorbing into mucous membranes).

Always cover any open cuts before going into hot tub.  Pathogens breed in warm water.

Chemical aberrations can cause skin irritations. I always  shower after a soak. Or I'll wake up with some dermatitis (skin reaction).      

I'm trying to reciprocate with some knowledge here. I have nothing to offer as far as hot tub advice. I feel like I am sponging info off people.  

Lasagna, thanks for the advice.  You sound like Hot Tub, M.D.  You just saved us all $50 copayment at the doc n' box.  

What is your profession?  

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 06:49:03 pm »

Lasagna, thanks for the advice.  You sound like Hot Tub, M.D.  You just saved us all $50 copayment at the doc n' box.  

What is your profession?  

I am a nurse

spaz

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 07:06:27 pm »

Chad, How do you know Lasagna is a nurse?  :-?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 07:06:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42