What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Heating up now--Is this normal or not?  (Read 7905 times)

2busymom

Marquis Heating up now--Is this normal or not?
« on: August 03, 2007, 12:52:45 am »
Finally...the electrician arrived.  I've LIVE!!!!  I filled the tub (and it only took about an hour, I thought it might take much longer).

When the jets are on, the waterfall will only come on periodically...like a surge of power or pressure.  When this happens the jets blow harder too.  It didn't work like this during the wet test, so I can't tell if this is just part of the air being pushed out of the pumps.

Also, I added the "shock" stuff, and it settled on the bottom of the tub.  Is that going to melt when the water heats up?

OK, that's it for now.  Thanks all!

2007 Marquis U630

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Heating up now--Is this normal or not?
« on: August 03, 2007, 12:52:45 am »

kufferaths

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Marquis Heating up now--Is this normal or not?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 01:15:55 am »
There is probably air still in the lines.  As far as the shock goes, you need to run the jets on high when you put the shock in.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 01:39:55 am »
Your water level is low, Marquis because of the design of their filters really pulls a lot of water (which is a good thing) and if your level is low you will get a "surge" effect.

2busymom

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 01:58:58 am »
Your water level is low, Marquis because of the design of their filters really pulls a lot of water (which is a good thing) and if your level is low you will get a "surge" effect.

Hmmm, that's interesting...I will add a bit more.  The water is about 1 inch below the waterline (I wanted to leave some room for when we get into the tub and displace some of the water.

kufferaths said

There is probably air still in the lines.  As far as the shock goes, you need to run the jets on high when you put the shock in.

Oops ::)  Too late now, I'm going to bed!  I'll see what it's done by tomorrow. :)
2007 Marquis U630

Webini

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 08:25:47 am »
Did you put the "shock stuff" right into the water or into the filter well with the jets running?  It needs to go into the filter well with the jets running.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 08:26:09 am by Webini »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 09:09:33 am »
Did you put the "shock stuff" right into the water or into the filter well with the jets running?  It needs to go into the filter well with the jets running.

HUH???

I usually just throw it into the tub with all the jets going. Dichlor and MPS tend to disolve quickly.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 09:41:15 am »

HUH???

I usually just throw it into the tub with all the jets going. Dichlor and MPS tend to disolve quickly.

Same with me.  I never add anything through the filter well.

Webini

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 10:12:19 am »

HUH???

Uh, OK.  I've been told by several people that chems need to go into the filter well.  Term?

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 10:26:46 am »

Uh, OK.  I've been told by several people that chems need to go into the filter well.  Term?

Never ever do it that way. Some of these chemicals are harsh and do you want that stuff to be sucked right into your pump/heater before it is diluted? Whoever told you that needs to take their  spa chemical training manual back to K-Mart.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 10:27:29 am by Gary »
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 10:29:56 am »

FWIW, the Hot Spring owners manual directs that chemicals be added through the filter compartment.  But with my old HS tub, I always kept the bromine floater in the filter compartment between the filters.  11 years w/o a problem.  I understand this may be heresy to some?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 10:31:41 am by Richs100 »
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Webini

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 10:57:49 am »

FWIW, the Hot Spring owners manual directs that chemicals be added through the filter compartment.  But with my old HS tub, I always kept the bromine floater in the filter compartment between the filters.  11 years w/o a problem.  I understand this may be heresy to some?

Exactly!  On page 30 of my Jetsetter manual it states: "IMPORTANT: Add spa water chemicals directly into the filter compartment with the jet pump on high speed for at least ten minutes."
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 10:58:03 am by Webini »

2busymom

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 12:28:42 pm »
I added to the middle of the tub.  I've run it on high, tested it and everything looks good.  It's up to 102 and tonight, after work...it's going to be "Spatopia!"  Woo Hoo.
2007 Marquis U630

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 12:31:30 pm »
I agree with Gary in that many of these products can be very acidic for the heater and pumps and by not diluting them into the body of water first, it can prematurely wear these parts. I'd love to hear an explaination on why HS promotes this... :-/

Any time you add product to the water, run the pumps on high speed.

Enjoy your spa my dear!

Steve
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 12:32:19 pm by Steve »

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2007, 09:06:10 pm »
this is new to me.

i just put it in the middle of the tub

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 10:55:21 pm »
I always add my chemicals into the HS filter compartment per the manual. Should we HS folks change our method?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 10:55:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42