What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need advice please  (Read 7558 times)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Need advice please
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 11:01:12 am »
I'm with Mendocino 101 on this.  Either your dealer is scamming you or they are incompetent.  

If this is a big deal to you (and it would be to me), make them get it right.  If you paid be credit card you are in the driver's seat.  

The eight weeks delay would probably be normal for the dealer when selling a new spa and building an order to get shipped.  However, Sundance will ship 1 spa.  It will be faster and cost the dealer, but it is their f*ck up.

If not getting satisfaction, I would contact Sundance and get their rep involved.

Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 11:01:12 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 11:49:20 am »
There are 3 alternatives here as I see it:

1) Accept the spa as is. I wouldn't do this because it's not what you wanted so why should you just say OK, no problem?

2) Tell them you want what you ordered. They'll have to get it to you or...

3) Once they know you won't settle for the wrong color simply out of the goodness of your heart they may offer an incentive to keep that color (which should show the light well at night also). Granted it's not what you wanted but maybe they can make you an offer you can't refuse.

I wouldn't settle for #1 and certainly #2 gets you where you wanted to be but I always like a good deal so I wonder if they'll pony up with a decent #3 option (and I'm not talking about $75 in chems and a rubber duck). Now I'm not suggesting everyone should be willing to accept a compromise solution, to each his own. It matters how much those colors really meant to you. I just know that I'm flexible on colors so I'd want to see how much they were willing to give back to resolve the issue.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 05:17:43 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

eightisenough

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 12:23:35 pm »
I spoke to the dealer, and he said he'd offer me an incentive to keep it.   When we were in the store, we were ging back and forth between sand and platinum, and even though we finally decided on platinum and the order says platinum, maybe that is how the mistake happened.  

In the meantime,  I think my wife and I actually got to like the sand color so we'll negotiate something fair.  

Dealer said 8 weeks is about right, says Sundance is very busy.

Gaoing back to a past subject, tipping, I ended up giving the fours guys $40 total.  It was 90 degrees and they wrestled with this mammoth tub for an hour.  I kinda felt I was giving them too little, but they seemed appreciative.  They didnt work for the dealer, they were an outside moving company, If i was ther dealer, I wouldn't my movers saying that this happens all the time.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 04:42:53 pm »
This is a pretty old trick to solving a 'crisis.'  If a dealer has cash-flow issues (sand is generally a cheaper color), can't fill a truck, or has over-stock of a particular color; sometimes they'll pull the 'oops, wrong color!' game knowing full well you like that tub and will usually keep it.

I agree with what everyone else has said so far.  Ask for something for the mistake, but the tub will be the same so you may as well enjoy it.  Your cover will be on 80% of the time anyway.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 04:42:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42