What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need advice please  (Read 7555 times)

eightisenough

Need advice please
« on: August 01, 2007, 08:10:43 pm »
After two months of waiting, my Sundance Cameo came.  The guys delivered it and then said "make sure it's the right color".  

They cut open the covering, and of course with my luck, it is wrong.

I ordered mahogany with a platinum white inside and got majogany with cameo sand inside.  

I wanted white inside because I thgought it would show off the lighting best, although my house is a cream coloroutside.   But, do I want to wait another two months for the correct one?  

Does anyone have a cameo sand or similar color?  How does it look at night?  

Hot Tub Forum

Need advice please
« on: August 01, 2007, 08:10:43 pm »

Mez

Re: Need advice please
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 08:22:50 pm »
After two months of waiting, my Sundance Cameo came.  The guys delivered it and then said "make sure it's the right color".  

They cut open the covering, and of course with my luck, it is wrong.

I ordered mahogany with a platinum white inside and got majogany with cameo sand inside.  

I wanted white inside because I thgought it would show off the lighting best, although my house is a cream coloroutside.   But, do I want to wait another two months for the correct one?  

Does anyone have a cameo sand or similar color?  How does it look at night?  
My tub is a graphite color shell...a very dark metallic grey and it looks nice at night. I dont think it lights up as well as a white/platinum, but still looks nice. Once the jets are on the light underwater tends to diminish anyway, my tub has lighted headrests, cup holders and waterfall though, so it still has the effect.
I think the lighter the color the better the lights will show up, not to tell you waht to do, but I would call the dealer and express your dissapointment, and tell him you are considering sending it back, then hope he offers a reduction in price to keep it :)

Cyn

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 08:25:38 pm »
I'm with Mez...ask the dealer to discount the tub for you.  We had the wrong tub delivered also and they were quite willing to negotiate until they realized that there was another buyer for the tub and they needed to make sure it was delivered correctly.  Or ask to keep this tub until you get the tub you originally ordered.  

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 09:55:17 pm »
Forgive me but that sounds like a bit of a con to me, I mean they know what you ordered and they know what they are delivering, if they can't be straight with you than whats the point, I would ask for something of substance as they should have just been honest up front. I just have a problem with the way it was presented to you. The sand is not a bad color for lights and actually one of the better colors again for lights and should wear better than just about any other color but they should have just been upfront about it.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 09:58:16 pm by Mendocino101 »

eightisenough

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 10:22:12 pm »
the delivery guy said this happens all the time.  Great to hear now.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 10:26:30 pm »
Hmmm, sounds like it matches your exterior BETTER than the white and to be honest with you it should also show the lights VERY well.  The only people posting issues with poor lighting have nearly black shells.  I have the white platnium in my Jacuzzi and it does show marks (kids) that have to be cleaned up every once in a while.  Personally, I'd ask for a small discount and keep it myself unless the sand color is more of a taupe (mud looking) than a light tan.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Spiderman

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 12:03:20 am »
Shell color is one of those things that seem so important, but after you own your tub for awhile, you realize it's not as important as you thought; at least IMO.  If you have to have the color you wanted, bring your paperwork to the dealer and make it right.  If you go this route, tell the dealer you want them to leave the wrong tub at your house so you can at least use it until the right one is delivered, two months from now.  Also, if the delivery crew said "This happens all the time", I would be worried about counting on the dealership down the road for any other problems you may have.  If they are delivering wrong tubs "all the time", they need to start doing things differently.  
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 02:37:54 pm »
Forgive me for being blunt here but this is just stupid, Based on what you heard from the delivery guy it would seem like they are given an address and told to grab "A" spa out of the warehouse and take it to the address and see if it works. I may be extraditing it a bit but not by much. Your order/invoice has a model and color along any accessories on it, how can they have this happen  a lot ? it does not make sense. Again I think the color will be fine with lights it really is one of the better colors for lighting and is probably the best color long term for not showing normal wear and tear. But as a dealer why not just be upfront and let you know about the color before delivery, have you come into the store to look at and if meets your approval compensate you in some way for your trouble. It is a color that in interchangeable with your first choice so to speak.

104 degrees

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 03:00:15 pm »
I'm with Mez...ask the dealer to discount the tub for you.  We had the wrong tub delivered also and they were quite willing to negotiate until they realized that there was another buyer for the tub and they needed to make sure it was delivered correctly.  Or ask to keep this tub until you get the tub you originally ordered.  

Heres your answer 8-) 8-) 8-)

John 140 degrees

Vanguard

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 05:16:36 pm »
Forgive me for being blunt here but this is just stupid, Based on what you heard from the delivery guy it would seem like they are given an address and told to grab "A" spa out of the warehouse and take it to the address and see if it works. I may be extraditing it a bit but not by much. Your order/invoice has a model and color along any accessories on it, how can they have this happen  a lot ? it does not make sense. Again I think the color will be fine with lights it really is one of the better colors for lighting and is probably the best color long term for not showing normal wear and tear. But as a dealer why not just be upfront and let you know about the color before delivery, have you come into the store to look at and if meets your approval compensate you in some way for your trouble. It is a color that in interchangeable with your first choice so to speak.

Not to mention, many manufacturers put the color right on the label on the wrapping.  Didn't they look at that?  

Was it the dealer or manufacturer that messed up.  And two months for Sundance?  That doesn't sound right.  I'd imagine they could deliver much quicker than that.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 06:15:40 pm »

Not to mention, many manufacturers put the color right on the label on the wrapping.  Didn't they look at that?  

Every maker I know does that, that's why when a delivery guy Say's this happens a lot, something seems odd. Again sand is a  all round great color so its not a bad option, I just think the dealer could have handled the issue much better.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 06:46:36 pm »
If the dealer does have this problem alot then they have a problem in ordering/purchasing or they are just plain lazy and dont bother checking.

I do all the ordering for spa's and when I see a order come through from a salesman,I always double check with them to confirm colors and any options,stereos,Ipod S/S.  Hell I even doulble check my own sales before ordering.

Now when I place a order with Jacuzzi and I am sure Sundance is the same,they always fax a confirmation back confirming the order placed.  99.9% of the time they are dead on.  They also give you 2 or 3 days to cancel said order if there is a problem.

So if this is common with them, I would be surprised. And if the delivery guys grabbed the wrong one, then the right one would be in the whs if ordered,least one would think that.

The only time we ever screw up is with the inventory list, which I also control and update.  What has happened in the past, one of our other stores have sold a spa out of stock and loaded it up for pick up on a flatbed/trailer and not told me about it,so I sell Joe blow a spa in stock dont check on it cause I ASSUMED it was here, a few weeks later they go to find it and its gone,doesnt happen often but it has happened.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 06:47:35 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 08:20:09 pm »
Here's my opinion as a consumer.

You ordered something because you you liked it, you choose the color of the outside and inside. It should be written on your sales/order slip and you signed the slip.

If it's not what you want - don't settle period. They screwed up and delivered something that contractually not right. Sand is not a bad color but not the color you want. If you can live with it I would see if they will give money off, as long as it has everything else you wanted. If you can't live with it and want the spa you ordered, visit the dealer and insist that you want what you ordered AND if you paid by CC write them or call them with a stop payment - the dealer is in breach of contract and you didn't receive the spa you wanted. If for some reason the spa disappears on you because of this - call the police.

I would also (assuming the dealer is playing badly) call Sundance and explain the situation and demand that something is done. Personally I can't see how it will get to that but it may. I can't see how bad a dealer could be to deliver the wrong tub ALL THE TIME.

If it gets really bad - small claims court (don't know what the threshold is for that) and force the dealer to give you your money back and go somewhere else.

Good luck with this!

TubsAndCues

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 10:13:58 pm »

And two months for Sundance?  That doesn't sound right.  I'd imagine they could deliver much quicker than that.

Depending on their current inventory, could be dead on from my information.  From what I know, a lot of their tubs are built to order.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 10:15:07 pm by TubsAndCues »

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 10:45:36 pm »
Well, all I know is if I special ordered a tub in a certain color and it came in any other color, the dealer better have a damn good excuse other than "it happens sometimes".  I know that hot tub dealers are not the brightest bunch  ;)   ::) but I would expect they could keep the limited selection of tub colors straight when I'm plopping down ten grand for a pink tub.  No excuse for that.  None at all.  TELL THE DEALER you want your white tub AND that your keeping the one he delivered until yours shows up.

I'm sure anxious to hear the dealer's story about what happened, too.  Keep us posted!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 10:47:40 pm by Richs100 »
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 10:45:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42