What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Temp Control on Tahitian  (Read 3263 times)

Mainer

Temp Control on Tahitian
« on: July 29, 2007, 07:37:54 pm »
Hi all,
Just received my new warranty tub on friday.  The temp showing reads 6-7 degrees higher than the actual set temp.  Can this controller be calibrated, or reset somehow.  Just would like to know what I'm talking about before I call the dealer Mon. morning.  Thanks, Bill

Hot Tub Forum

Temp Control on Tahitian
« on: July 29, 2007, 07:37:54 pm »

D.P. Roberts

Re: Temp Control on Tahitian
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 11:39:44 pm »
Hi all,
Just received my new warranty tub on friday.  The temp showing reads 6-7 degrees higher than the actual set temp.  Can this controller be calibrated, or reset somehow.  Just would like to know what I'm talking about before I call the dealer Mon. morning.  Thanks, Bill

How hot is it where you are right now (I assume you're in Maine)? The spa has no way to cool itself down, when it's hot outside it can very easily stay well above the set temperature.  I always had my tub set at 80 F during the summer (the lowest point it would let me set) and the tub was always at least 90 or so.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Mainer

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 02:35:47 am »

How hot is it where you are right now (I assume you're in Maine)? The spa has no way to cool itself down, when it's hot outside it can very easily stay well above the set temperature.  I always had my tub set at 80 F during the summer (the lowest point it would let me set) and the tub was always at least 90 or so.
Last night it was in the low 60's.  In the morning the control said the water temp. was 102, and the setting was 95 degrees. Never had that issue with the old Tahitian that was just replaced Fri.  Thanks, Bill
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 02:37:11 am by Mainer »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 10:23:27 am »
Last night it was in the low 60's.  In the morning the control said the water temp. was 102, and the setting was 95 degrees. Never had that issue with the old Tahitian that was just replaced Fri.  Thanks, Bill
Does it actually feel like 102?  If so, probably a bad thermister.  Regardless it is something in the electronics.  Call the dealer.  Should not be a big deal.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 10:23:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42