What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: central NJ  (Read 4056 times)

beth12345

central NJ
« on: July 28, 2007, 11:23:26 am »
Hi, this is in repsonse to a NJ post a few posts ago. I live in central NJ. I just purchased a Hawkeye Jupiter from master Pools and Spas in Beachwood NJ. I bought it at a exhibit in somerset. It is a nice spa, nothing fancy, no bells or whistles or music, for that matter, but i like it very much. the only issue was the salesman saying 4-6 weeks, and it was 11 weeks! I think i would buy in stock if I had it to do over. It seats 6 nicely, don't know how many it claims to seat. Whole package, including steps, cover, ground mat (didn't want to do concrete), 6 month chemical,s $6000.00. It was a bit of an impulse buy- just wished I had taken more time to research. i did have the checksheet with me, tho, and that helped.

Hot Tub Forum

central NJ
« on: July 28, 2007, 11:23:26 am »

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
Re: central NJ
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 12:28:18 pm »
11 weeks is not that long to wait, in the scheme of things.  Getting exactly what you want is what's important here.  Patience is a virtue, and it will be well worth the wait once you have it!  We spent weeks researching tubs before we even bought.  I'm one of those "nerds" that carried the manilla folder into the stores with all the information I've collected on spas.  We're still waiting for our tub, but I'm trying to learn all about chemical care while we're waiting.  The anticipation of getting our tub is part of the fun!   :-*

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 01:05:22 pm »
11 weeks is not that long to wait,  :-*

It is when  your told 4 weeks.  Its too common for sales people to over promise and under deliver. It starts the whole relationship off with a deception.  I am a Sales Engineer for a company that was bought out by a Fortune 100 company.  During that transistion everything went to hell. Our lead time on some key items went up to 8 weeks.  Our Manager has said he would rather lose the order than lie to the customer and have to explain it later.

Many times the purchase of a persons first hot tub requires coordination of landscapers, electricians, concrete people, and what not.   Many times things happen that the dealer can't control, but DONT OVER PROMISE.  Sure the wait can be exciting, but why throw in frustration and disspointment.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 01:10:36 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

beth12345

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 02:39:33 pm »
My patience, or lack thereof, is not the issue. i was told 4-6 weeks, then told the contract said 6-8 although it was admitted the salesman's own notes stated 4-6 weeks. In this time, I was promised call backs with additional info, which never happened. One cannot fault me for taking issue with this. i dread needing a service call. when i dealt with the various salespeople they were surprised to see me writing, almost word for word, exactly what they said, then asking for clarification, so there was no miscommunication.
again, i am pleased at this point, but if I had it to do over again, I would buy one in stock.

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 05:31:50 pm »
Eleven weeks of anticipation would have killed me.  When I purchased my spa in May, I was told about a month.  It came in 3 1/2 weeks later.  They called me and said your tub is in, we can deliver it tomorrow.  But I had to delay it a week and a half to finish my deck and patio.

It's been over a month of what people here call spa-topia, and we couldn't be happier.  Good luck with yours!

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 11:45:39 pm »
My patience, or lack thereof, is not the issue. i was told 4-6 weeks, then told the contract said 6-8 although it was admitted the salesman's own notes stated 4-6 weeks. In this time, I was promised call backs with additional info, which never happened. One cannot fault me for taking issue with this. i dread needing a service call. when i dealt with the various salespeople they were surprised to see me writing, almost word for word, exactly what they said, then asking for clarification, so there was no miscommunication.
again, i am pleased at this point, but if I had it to do over again, I would buy one in stock.

Well, the good news is that you CAN do it over again.  If they committed to one thing and are now using delay tactics, they have essentially breached their commitment to you (and therefore broken any contract).   Ask for a full refund and start over (maybe even with a different dealer).
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 02:59:58 am »

Here's my question- it took 11 weeks and then was installed, and you're happy with it now - or it has been 11 weeks and it's still not there yet?

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 06:28:39 am »
the only issue [glow]was[/glow] the salesman saying 4-6 weeks, and it [glow]was[/glow] 11 weeks!
She wrote in past tense in her original post, so I would think that she already has the tub. :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 06:33:21 am by WHY_NOT »

beth12345

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 09:50:21 am »
I have it, I love it!!  My 14 year old put it best, when he said, leaning  slowly  back into the lounge seat, "Mom, I feel RICH!!" I can't believe I waited so long to get one. Actually, I can. This was quite an indulgence for me, to spend so much money on such a frivolous item. One factor in my deciding to take the plunge (LOL) was reading Joan Didion's book, "The year of Magical Thinking". I thought, if I was given a year to live, i would eat chocolate and buy a hot tub. I had the chocolate part covered, but then thought how sad, if it took being diagnosed with a terminal disease to actually make me  get something I wanted so much. The clincher was finding out about the pad that eliminates the need to have  cement put down. So we did it, and I am thrilled.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 09:50:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42