What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: led lights  (Read 4672 times)

mike in arkansas

led lights
« on: July 21, 2007, 06:03:32 pm »
An escapee from a potential disaster as some of you know !! == I am very happy with my Viking Spa but have one problem.

Question about LED lights. I have a Viking spa with lights (you can select several colors and light sequences). However one of the lights does not have the red component (it displays colors different from the other lights-- missing the red component-- and when red is selected it is dark. I assume there are optic cables coming from the source and somehow the red cable dropped out of the picture. It worked initially (two weeks ago) but not now. I was thinking about taking a look inside the cover but wanted to ask here first. Anyone have experience with such a phenomena? And I want to wait on warranty stuff in case a more serious problem arises!

Thanks for any suggestions!

Mike in Arkansas
who says I am senile?

Hot Tub Forum

led lights
« on: July 21, 2007, 06:03:32 pm »

104 degrees

Re: led lights
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 06:08:15 pm »
An escapee from a potential disaster as some of you know !! == I am very happy with my Viking Spa but have one problem.

Question about LED lights. I have a Viking spa with lights (you can select several colors and light sequences). However one of the lights does not have the red component (it displays colors different from the other lights-- missing the red component-- and when red is selected it is dark. I assume there are optic cables coming from the source and somehow the red cable dropped out of the picture. It worked initially (two weeks ago) but not now. I was thinking about taking a look inside the cover but wanted to ask here first. Anyone have experience with such a phenomena? And I want to wait on warranty stuff in case a more serious problem arises!

Mike in Arkansas

Mike

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 06:58:03 pm »

Mike in Arkansas

Hi Mike

Well, I don't know anything about fiber optics, but, since that Viking is brand new, and since I am sure Viking believes that you are a worthy purchaser and deserve their warranty coverage, I would suggest you make that phone call to your local dealer, sit back in your tub with a cool drink and your lovely wife, and just wait for the friendly repair man to show up!  Fortunately, he is not coming from Colorado.

Isn't nice to be able to do that!!

(In the mean time if the missing color bothers you, turn your head and look at the other side of your new tub when the red phase comes on until he gets there!)

Good luck with it,
Rich

If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Pathfinder

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 06:42:56 pm »
More than likely you may have a bad LED which will have to be swapped out. Im not sure how Viking does  theirs but hopefully a tech can unscrew the casing from inside the tub and put in a new one.  Light Emitting Diodes  Are much different than fibre optic lighting.
Where LED's are singles & the other is optic cable strands bunched together.

You have warranty for a reason  use it it doesnt matter if its small or big.

104 degrees

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 09:44:32 am »
Mike
Hows it going??? did you get the repair person???

104 degrees

mike in arkansas

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 10:10:20 am »
Not as of yet 104. The light went bad friday night and I was busy all weekend. Will call them sometime this week -- lots going on (I actually have a life OUTSIDE of my hottub  8-))

Will keep you informed!

Blessings, Mike
who says I am senile?

104 degrees

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 09:24:23 pm »
--  (I actually have a life OUTSIDE of my hottub  8-))

Will keep you informed!

Blessings, Mike

Whats that like :) Let us know please.

John

mike in arkansas

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 08:30:06 am »
Well, we are in the process of trying to build a cabin (second one actually) on our property and I am trying to locate a temporary service pole before the electric company intstalls thee poles tomorrow!! Not quite as easy as it sounds! So for the moment I am not pursuing the lights.

As for the lights, originallly one of the lights lost the red component. Then the next day or so it ONLY had the red component  :o, Now it seems to be back to normal  :-?!! Go figure. Anyway I will still check with my dealer and see what he says -- but that will be later!

Blessings, Mike
who says I am senile?

104 degrees

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 08:46:55 am »
Well, we are in the process of trying to build a cabin (second one actually) on our property and I am trying to locate a temporary service pole before the electric company intstalls thee poles tomorrow!! Not quite as easy as it sounds! So for the moment I am not pursuing the lights.

As for the lights, originallly one of the lights lost the red component. Then the next day or so it ONLY had the red component  :o, Now it seems to be back to normal  :-?!! Go figure. Anyway I will still check with my dealer and see what he says -- but that will be later!

Blessings, Mike

Good Luck Mike :) Sounds like you are very buisy guy. Glad the tub seems to be back to normal.

I dont know what i would do if i had to get out of my spa ;)

Blessings Back to you and your Family.

John 104 degrees

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 08:46:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42