What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pictures to look at!!!  (Read 11000 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: Pictures to look at!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 07:52:44 pm »
Drewster, Arctic does not come with skirting off.  This is a coyotte spa, a division of arctic.

Steeler, tub looks really great, two things though.  First off, cut that string off of you brominator.  I made the mistake of leaving it on, and the filter sucked it into the pump, PROBLEM!!!!

Second, you need to set yourself up with hot tub bathing suits for the family that are used solely for the tub.  You look like you got a bit of a foam issue, most likely from suits washed with soap.  Never wash suits in soap.

Lastly, where abouts in Ontario are you??  I guess I could run you licence plate in the morning and get all of your info, Address, demerit points, accidents, police involvement, Criminal recor, tickets, phone number, previously owned vehicles, how many times you have lost or replaced or renewed your drivers licence etc etc.  OR you could just tell me where you  live.

Your place looks great, I love the night shots.  It is funny how a hot tub adds that tranquel feel to your backyard

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 07:52:44 pm »

Steelerpete

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 09:15:48 pm »
Hey Bosco, thanks for the string info.  Yes, we've been using the same bathing suits from day one, not washing in soap. We have had a bit of a foam issue though... any help you can provide would be great.  I've just now got a handle on the chemicals with perfect balance so maybe over the past couple of weeks that has contributed to the foam.  Hopefully we see an improvement.  My wife tends to hop in the tub without rinsing in the shower first, could this be part of the problem?  Any help or ideas would be great.  By the way, no need to run a criminal check on me.... I just got out of jail for shoplifting a bunch of Steeler stuff from their shop in Erie, PA   ;D... ha ha.  We live in a small town called Paris, about 1 hour southwest of Toronto.  Where do you live?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 10:12:48 pm »
When I first saw picts of the tub I thought that it was an ugly tub ... then a couple of picts down the skirting went on and I thought "ah much much better". It is a nice setup.

As for foam - put the air jets on, get a pool skimmer, skim out the majority and hit the tub with MPS (non chlorine shock). It usually works like a charm.

Bosco, run all the info and put it on myspace ... when he goes on vacation we can have a party at his house. With you there we have the police covered! :D ;D

I once read an article about personalized plates. It was basically about people with such plates do really stupid things sometimes (sometimes illegal) and they forget that they are an easy target. That's why before I go and do something stupid I steal my wife's plates! 8-) Oh wait that's stupid too!!  ::) ;) ;D

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2007, 03:58:15 am »
someone had a theory on here about chemicals in the first month of ownership.  Long story short, we over use chemicals in the beginning because we dont know how things work yet.  

Are you using that blue powder for water softening?

Are you using the liquid spa fragrence?

These two things contributed to my foam issues.  Once I stopped using them, the water got better immediately.  These two things with the air cranked up is a recipe for disaster.

Paris, I know it well, just outside of Brantford right.  I am in Hamilton, we are very close.  Im not a steelers fan, but Hamilton is known as the steel town, or more commonly known what I like to call the HAMMER.  

I use to work in Brantford at a factory off of Henry street.  It is now  a liquidation world behind the tim hortons.  

Steelerpete

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2007, 07:51:20 am »
Hey Bosco, yes and yes so I will stop using the blue powder and use the aromatherapy sparingly hopefully this will clear up the foam. I work throughout Hamilton and Burlington/Oakville, I'm a service tech. so I'm on the road all the time in that area. You work for the Hamilton Police Dept.? Have a great weekend!!! :)

P.S. Drewstar the Pats. are going to have a great year with all the players they signed in the off season!!! :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 07:54:16 am by Steelerpete »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2007, 03:32:02 pm »

P.S. Drewstar the Pats. are going to have a great year with all the players they signed in the off season!!! :)

Yup and it looks like Asante Samuel will be in the fold by Monday. :D

Nosher

• 2007 Sundance Chelsee Owner
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2007, 04:18:38 pm »
cut that string off of you brominator.  I made the mistake of leaving it on, and the filter sucked it into the pump, PROBLEM!!!!

Sorry to be an utter noob - what does a brominator do?

Thx
Nosh

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2007, 04:29:36 pm »

It brominates! ;)
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Nosher

• 2007 Sundance Chelsee Owner
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2007, 04:47:58 pm »

It brominates! ;)

Someone pass the drugs,......!!!   ;D ;D ;D

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2007, 05:46:37 pm »

Thx
Nosh

Its a floater to hold bromide tablets.  This way you dont have to add granulated bromide.  You can regulate the amount of exposed tablets by adjusting the bottom.

Hey All:  I'm surprised to see a bromide floater in a new tub.  I loved using one in my old tub, but Hot Spring absolutely prohibits a floater dispenser in the new tubs.  Any idea why?

Thanks, Rich
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

anne

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2007, 12:49:43 pm »
That is a Coyote, right? your kids must love having such a big yard!! I'm envious of your slice of heaven. looks great.
Dance like nobody's watching

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2007, 01:09:45 pm »
Drewster, Arctic does not come with skirting off.  This is a coyotte spa, a division of arctic.

Correction. I did not know "Coyotte Spas" came with the skirt off. It's very interestting.  What is uniuqe about coyotte that the skirts are off?  IT hougt Artics were very similliar in build. no?

It's a unique looking tub, as the skirting truley is decorative.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 01:10:12 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2007, 01:10:15 pm »

Its a floater to hold bromide tablets.  This way you dont have to add granulated bromide.  You can regulate the amount of exposed tablets by adjusting the bottom.

Hey All:  I'm surprised to see a bromide floater in a new tub.  I loved using one in my old tub, but Hot Spring absolutely prohibits a floater dispenser in the new tubs.  Any idea why?

Thanks, Rich

Because Hotsprings wants to persuade you to buy their $1000 baqua based autofresh system instead of bromine.
 ;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2007, 01:41:51 pm »

The real reason for this is the thought that if the bromine floater gets caught up against the acrylic it MAY leave somewhat of a brown spot as can happen with cool down seats where the floater can tend to rest too long on top of the seat or with some spas where the filtration draws it into a certain corner . It's not something that I'd typically concern myself with (plus Hot Springs used to use the white shell material where this was probably more apt to be seen).
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 01:42:35 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Steelerpete

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2007, 03:27:01 pm »
Hi Anne, ya the kids love the big yard to play in and we like the houses further back. Yes the tub is the Coyote Renegade, and it's a lot bigger then it looks we can sit 5 adults very comfortably and the jet placement is great. The Coyotes come without the skirt because it's a custom made vinyl so they don't want to damage it during delivery.  :)

Happy Tubbing!!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2007, 03:27:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42