What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Filter  (Read 5772 times)

gillie

New Filter
« on: July 08, 2007, 12:59:17 pm »
My salesman said I just needed to hose off my filter once a month and it should last 5 years.  Is this right?

Hot Tub Forum

New Filter
« on: July 08, 2007, 12:59:17 pm »

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
Re: New Filter
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 03:38:14 pm »
If the salesman said it must be true!! :o

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 03:39:54 pm »
If the salesman said it must be true!! :o

The answer is.. "It depends"

Never trust salesman.

Spiderman

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 04:10:03 pm »
My salesman said I just needed to hose off my filter once a month and it should last 5 years.  Is this right?

I suppose it could last 5 years.............if you never use your tub so it won't get dirty  ::)       If he told you the filter would last 5 years, how long did he tell you the tub would last?  30 years??   ;D
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 06:44:00 am »
If it a standard pleated filter, they should be changed at about 18 months.  I have two and swap out monthly and needed to change at three years...and they did need to be changed.  If you own a HotSpring spa and have the Tri-x filters, they may be built to last five years.  Not sure about other proprietary filters.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 02:07:38 pm »

The answer is.. "It depends"

Never trust salesman.

Take it easy on salesman,I am one and I dont BS customers some actually do tell the truth.   :)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 09:09:02 pm »

Hose it off once or twice a month, use the filter cleaner on it every couple of months to degrease it and it should last you about five years.  I have a few customers who take very good care of their filters and they are over ten years old.  Unfortunately, most people neglect their filters.

It amazes me how often people come in to buy new filters and are shocked to find out that they are meant to be cleaned occasionally.

I have one lady customer who just ain't quite right.  She buys a new set of Tri-X Filters for her Grandee every 2 months.  We try to tell her to clean them, but she'd just rather have new ones. :o

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Movinon

• Grilln and chilln
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 10:47:37 am »

I have one lady customer who just ain't quite right.  She buys a new set of Tri-X Filters for her Grandee every 2 months.  We try to tell her to clean them, but she'd just rather have new ones. :o

Terminator
[/quote]

She must have a lot of disposable income :o

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 10:53:30 am »

Terminator

Wow - can I get a set of the old ones? :)

LindaWeg

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 07:59:29 am »
What's up w/ my filter then?  I need to hose it off every 3-4 days.  It's brand new, just seems to get dirty quick.

Linda

Hose it off once or twice a month, use the filter cleaner on it every couple of months to degrease it and it should last you about five years.  I have a few customers who take very good care of their filters and they are over ten years old.  Unfortunately, most people neglect their filters.

It amazes me how often people come in to buy new filters and are shocked to find out that they are meant to be cleaned occasionally.

Terminator

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 11:26:13 am »
What's up w/ my filter then?  I need to hose it off every 3-4 days.  It's brand new, just seems to get dirty quick.

Linda

I assume you have a Maxxus (according to your profile).  Not sure how many filters it has as it is made by Sundance.  One of the Sundance dealers or owners would probably be better able to answer your question.

I would venture to guess that dirt is getting into the spa and the filter is trapping it.

Termy
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

LindaWeg

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 11:31:06 am »
Correct, I have a Maxxus 2000.   I have the lift cover and when not in use, the cover is on.   3 kids (ages 3,5, & 10), their rubber duckies and (possibly) sunscreen is the culprit!

Sad to say I can't get info from the Sundance dealer locally - they're more than happy to sell spas, chemicals, and such but service and support totally sucks (can I say that?)!

Linda

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 11:42:54 am »
service and support totally sucks (can I say that?)!

Linda

Looks like you just did.  Too bad about your local dealer.  Sounds like they're being rather short sighted by not supporting existing customers.  

Brewman

104 degrees

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 11:53:57 am »
Correct, I have a Maxxus 2000.   I have the lift cover and when not in use, the cover is on.   3 kids (ages 3,5, & 10), their rubber duckies and (possibly) sunscreen is the culprit!

Sad to say I can't get info from the Sundance dealer locally - they're more than happy to sell spas, chemicals, and such but service and support totally sucks (can I say that?)!

Linda

Linda

Can you call the sundance company for help with this?? this is why i love the nordic company, they care about there customers.

104 John
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 11:54:41 am by 104_degrees »

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 09:35:10 pm »
I had a problem once where my circulation pump filter was clogging quickly.  It was the first  and last time that I filled the tub without the pre-filter.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 09:35:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42