What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: D1 ultrapure ozone system worth extra $2k?  (Read 15376 times)

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: D1 ultrapure ozone system worth extra $2k?
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2007, 02:40:45 pm »
The Sundance Cameo that I recently ordered will heve the Ultra Pure ozone system in it. The dealer said it was a $300 option, but he was not charging for it due to the fact that I am the first one to use the Ultra Pure system from this dealer. Can you say "guinea pig"?

-62VW

Can you say "Ultra Pure guinea pig".;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2007, 02:40:45 pm »

scromey

• 2007 D1 Nautilus (Love it)
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2007, 12:18:09 am »
I agree that the salesman blew it, since I had asked several times about the larger tubs, but they were $10-13k. They seemed to display the tubs already equiped with more extras than I wanted (specifically stereo), and to get one without he said was 4-6 weeks delivery. I told him my original range was 7-8k, but as you see I spent 9k. I wondered if the sundance topline model could go down to that range, but I guess I will never know.
I think I did a good amount of research and wet testing to know that I will love the tub. No looking back.

My patio project is moving along, but my pavers are back ordered one week so I am going to sit tight for a while longer. I will send pics when I get some bricks down, but for now my patio just looks like a gravel driveway. My contractor ran into a snag when coring out the base. He kept sinking into some sort of soft dirt 3-4 feet down, so he had to dig it all out and backfill with my original concrete patio that I jack-hammered out. Then another 3 yards of gravel. The contractor is a friend of mine and didn't charge me for the extra labor. My original patio cracked and sank, I guess I know why now. Good thing I got it fixed before putting a 4000lb tub on it.
scromey

tumbleweed

• HotTub'n
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2007, 03:03:07 pm »

So your basically calling me a liar? Obviously my 20 plus years of dealing with just about every brand of spas mentioned on this forum doesn't give me near the experience that you have in owning a spa!

How about this...I will pay for your airline ticket and hotel room to come to my showroom for a week, I will set a D1, a Marquis, a Hotspring an Elite and any other brand we can get our hands on. You try every spa everyday; use nothing but shock and PH balance. At the end of the week if there is a noticeable difference in the D1 water I will eat the cost of the trip. If there is a noticeable difference you reimburse me for the trip, lodging and any other costs,   post a public apology for calling me a liar and stop putting yourself off as an industry expert on this forum!
Temper

TimetoChill

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2007, 04:49:15 pm »
I just got a D1 2003 Chairman II and have found that if I keep the PH & Total Alkalinity balanced, all I need to add is 2-1/2 tbls of Spa Shock Xtra after each use, and maybe a 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of chlorinating concentrate every other week.  I am also using the vision cartridge and have the O3 generator.  I am outside of Pittsburgh and have figured that I'm looking at about $45 more for electric with this model.
These aren't specific answers to your q's, but will hopefully help you in making your decision.
Best of luck to you!

John
2003 Dimension 1 Chairman II (400 gallons)  Bought 2nd hand in March 2007 for, are you ready? $1500.00!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2007, 04:49:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42