What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Trippin' Breaker  (Read 2609 times)

LindaWeg

Trippin' Breaker
« on: July 12, 2007, 08:06:19 am »
OK, so here I am w/ the Maxxus 2000 - getting pretty good maintaining the chemicals thanks to all of you.  When the tub was filled, there was a leak noted by the heater and the spa service people (not from where I purchased it back in 2000) came out and told me I needed a new heater.  Well, $800 later, things appear to be going well except for one thing... my breaker trips every now and then.

Usually when the breaker has tripped and I come upon it, I check the filter and clean it (usually requires to be cleaned 3-4 days).  Is this a safety feature of Carefree Spas or do I actually have a bigger problem that I'm not aware of?  Service from the actual spa dealer is a joke unfortunately...  I have a service request to them (placed back in May, they have my cc on file) and still haven't heard from them - even after several phone calls/emails on my end.

Linda

Linda

Hot Tub Forum

Trippin' Breaker
« on: July 12, 2007, 08:06:19 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Trippin' Breaker
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 09:14:04 am »
Usually when the breaker has tripped and I come upon it, I check the filter and clean it (usually requires to be cleaned 3-4 days).  Is this a safety feature of Carefree Spas or do I actually have a bigger problem that I'm not aware of?  
Linda

It's not a safety feature, at least in the way you're thinking.  Something in your spa, wiring, or the breaker itself is amiss.  
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Trippin' Breaker
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 09:14:04 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42