What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How To Cure Foam Issue  (Read 3417 times)

nsavarirayan

How To Cure Foam Issue
« on: July 11, 2007, 10:17:52 am »
No sure how much foam I am expected to see in a hot tub.  Over the last few weeks there is a lot of foam in the tub when the jets are running on high.  The water itself seems fine and there is no smell.  I have checked the water and the ph, ALk is all normal.  My water is normally very hard - around 300ppm so I am not sure if that contributes to it.  I also use spa defender and the enzyme thing on a weekly basis- do you think that contributes to foam?

should i use foam buster?

Thanks - I cna post a pic of the foam if that would help.

Hot Tub Forum

How To Cure Foam Issue
« on: July 11, 2007, 10:17:52 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: How To Cure Foam Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 11:12:40 am »
Freshly washed bathing suits, body lotions, body gunk, hair products can and will produce foam. Even some spa products will cause foaming.

Put the air on, get it to foam, scoop it out with a pool skimmer and then hit the tub with MPS - it will clear it up.

nsavarirayan

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 11:18:57 am »
thanks vinny - I will give that a try.  So foam is not too uncommon then?  

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 11:25:07 am »
Also if your water has been on there for a couple of months some fresh water would make life easier.

Average for a water change is 3-months but depending on usage it may be a lot sooner.

I think if most people did a drain a refill every 6-weeks they would have a lot less water issues and spend a lot less money on chemicals.

I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

nsavarirayan

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 11:33:29 am »
My water is about 3 weeks old. But yes I do plan on changing at about the 3 month block.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 12:25:29 pm »
"Chas' Law" is that newbies with brand new water replace their water at about 1 month old. Bodies will release more stuff in the beginning stages of spa ownership. After that 1 month water change proceed as normal.

I had to change my water every 1 1/2 months for about 8 months when I first got the tub due to water quality issues.

nsavarirayan

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 12:41:03 pm »
Very interesting - I will plan on changing my water then sometime in the next few weeks.  thanks

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 12:41:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42