What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Followup to my first service call ...  (Read 8393 times)

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
Re: Followup to my first service call ...
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 08:35:12 pm »
re: " bought a used Toyota truck 2 years ago and every six month the dealer sends me a letter thanking me for my business and just checking to see if I have any concerns"

Nobody is perfect....but quite simply.............[size=18]Toyota rules![/size]  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 08:35:12 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 08:45:27 pm »
When I need pool and spa chemicals I don't buy them from Hotsprings dealer.  As a side note, I am very happy with the hot tub -- not so happy with the dealer.  

I'm just curious to know if the reason you don't buy chemicals from the dealer is because he doesn't check on you every once in a while or did something else happen?

I love my customers to death (most of them) and I have a great relationship with them (most of them), but I don't think I've ever made it a habit to call and periodically check on them.  It would bug the crap out of me if a salesperson kept calling me.

I looked at Select Comfort Beds one time while my wife was shopping at the mall.  The salesperson asked for my contact information (I do the same thing at my store) so I gave it to him.  BUT, I asked that he not call me or put me on a mailing list.  When I got ready to buy a bed, I'd come and see him.  I swear he called me the next day to tell me about a sale, then he started calling every 2 weeks.  Then I started receiving something in the mail every other week.  It pissed me off so much that now I'll buy a bed from just about anyone EXCEPT him.

I can certainly understand wanting a little show of appreciation from your dealer, especially after spending so much money.  As a company, we try to show our appreciation to our customers by providing excellent service and having a customer appreciation night from time to time.  Maybe I'm missing the boat by not contacting my customer's more often....what say the rest of ye?

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 08:57:06 pm »
Term,

What you do for your customers goes above and beyond IMO. I truely believe you have a first class outfit.

Hey if I ever decide to buy a Hot Springs, I'm flying down to Texas, buying one and hoping I get invited to one of your bashes. Of course when it breaks down I'll expect the same level of service as I got so far ... NONE! ;D Hopefully better service!! ;) ;D

Personally, I don't buy chems from my dealer only because they are expensive. When I bought my tub I had all the intentions to buy from her but at $23 a bottle of 2 lbs enhanced shock - I can't see it as I can buy from Doc 5 lbs of dichlor for $30. I think if it was under $20 a bottle I would consider it. Funny thing is filters and such are in line with "normal" prices and other than this recent problem they seem to be giving honest answers based on their knowledge base - I recently asked about disposable filters and she said don't waste my money for use during the good weather since they only last 4 months and they cost as much as reusables.

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 09:12:30 pm »
Don't forget to contact Artesian and file a complaint against the dealership.

Boy I can't wait until the Big Box stores start to carry quality Hot tubs!!!

These spa dealerships are bottom of the barrel

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2007, 10:25:12 pm »

" These spa dealerships are bottom of the barrel "

I beg to differ about this.  We purchased our Hot Springs spa last Sept.  Just had our first service call taken care of rather quickly.  They had to replace the Auxiliary Control Panel, no questions asked, they just did it.  I called last Thursday, and they called this morning that they would be here within one hour, and they were.  That's what I call service.  When I call with a question they are knowledgeable and polite.  
While they were here I told them that when the jets are running I hear a popping noise, they knew right away what was causing that.  I had the diverter jet turned wrong.  So now we are set to soak again, if the weather cools down a bit.  Temp of 98 today, too hot for soaking!

Movinon

• Grilln and chilln
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 06:36:25 am »

I'm just curious to know if the reason you don't buy chemicals from the dealer is because he doesn't check on you every once in a while or did something else happen?

Term, it has nothing do with even checking on me.  They never one time contacted me after the sale to see if I was happy or if I had any questions whatsoever.  I don't expect a periodic check up but an appreciative thank you isn’t asking for to much.  

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2007, 10:34:36 am »

Term, it has nothing do with even checking on me.  They never one time contacted me after the sale to see if I was happy or if I had any questions whatsoever.  I don't expect a periodic check up but an appreciative thank you isn’t asking for to much.  

I am with Term on this one, I hate the junk mail and the calls. If I need something I will call you.

I had a Chevy dealer do calls and the birthday thing and I called them and told them if I get one more call or card they will not get my business again.

I can see one follow up call to see if all was good but then it should stop.

But we are all different people and some like the be coddled and have their egos stroked. So no matter what you do you are bound to piss someone off.

I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2007, 10:46:10 am »
I had a good releationship with my tiger river sales rep.  We comunicated via e-mail quite a bit and  it was always pleasent.  I ordered my chems  through them and my browser at work will not allow thier websites ordering application to load,so I would just send them an e-mail with my CC# and what I wanted, along with note.  In fact, I believe I will be using them to order my chemicals for my new Tub.  They made it very easy for me and delivered the chems to my door the next day.  

My current Caldera Dealer has very pleasent people on the phone, but his web site isn't set up for ordering, and they are still working out thier email bugs, so I don't comunicate with them as much, nor in the same manner as the Tiger River folks.

For me, I like dealers checking in with me via email.  In fact I was just talking with the local regional guy who is helping me out with a glitch.   However, I hate getting "mass mailings" and Junk email.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 10:50:30 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Movinon

• Grilln and chilln
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2007, 11:04:36 am »

I am with Term on this one, I hate the junk mail and the calls. If I need something I will call you.

I had a Chevy dealer do calls and the birthday thing and I called them and told them if I get one more call or card they will not get my business again.

I can see one follow up call to see if all was good but then it should stop.

But we are all different people and some like the be coddled and have their egos stroked. So no matter what you do you are bound to piss someone off.

I never said I was pissed off.   My comments have nothing to do with a desire to be coddled or to have my ego stroked.  I merely stated the dealer never contacted me after the sale if even just to ask if I had any questions relating to my purchase.   But hey, to each their own.  

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2007, 03:00:00 pm »
Hey Drew,
My advice, DO NOT put your credit card # in an email.
This is not secure, and bad practice.

Sledjunkie
-Network Engineer

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2007, 03:22:39 pm »
Drew, I have started a new credit card security work -from- home business...Just email me those credit card numbers...dont forget the expiration date and that secret 3 digit number on the back of the card. I will take care of all your on line purchases.  You can trust me  ;) ;D

Seriously, my dealer sent me one mailing to be sure I was happy and a nice box of candy after my purchase. They have always responded immediately to any concern that I have had. For that reason, I still drive 28 miles to buy most of my chemicals from them.

I think for the most part sales people, that look for repeat sales, make a greater effort to keep in contact. I know there are many owners on here who have had more than one spa, but I wonder how many bought a second spa from the same company.  I think Terminator's dealership is unusual in that they "celebrate" their clients. I am sure they get tons of referals based on "after the sale appeal"... His fabulous parties ..I could imagine inviting friends who might be remotely interested in a tub to one of Term's events...and having them buy on the spot. Who wouldn't want to be part of that exclusive club? ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2007, 03:28:31 pm »

I never said I was pissed off.   My comments have nothing to do with a desire to be coddled or to have my ego stroked.  I merely stated the dealer never contacted me after the sale if even just to ask if I had any questions relating to my purchase.   But hey, to each their own.  

My comments were a general statement not directed at anyone, but nevertheless you were upset enough that you chose to take your busniess elsewhere.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2007, 03:29:12 pm »
That's good info on the CC guys.  To be honest, I can't rember if I sent the CC#.  I may have folllowed up with  a phone call or they have it on file.

07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2007, 03:56:18 pm »
I think Terminator's dealership is unusual in that they "celebrate" their clients. I am sure they get tons of referals based on "after the sale appeal"... His fabulous parties ..I could imagine inviting friends who might be remotely interested in a tub to one of Term's events...and having them buy on the spot. Who wouldn't want to be part of that exclusive club? ;)

Thank you for the warm sentiments Boni...I do appreciate it.

A couple just stopped by that bought a spa from me 4 years ago and brought me an ice cream cone (Drumstick).  We sat down and looked at pictures from our last party, lamented the cancellation of the balloon race, we visited a while and they told me that their neighbors are ready to by a spa from us, so I gave them a brochure.

I consider my customers to be my friends.  It would seem really weird any other way.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

104 degrees

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2007, 04:02:11 pm »

Thank you for the warm sentiments Boni...I do appreciate it.

A couple just stopped by that bought a spa from me 4 years ago and brought me an ice cream cone (Drumstick).  We sat down and looked at pictures from our last party, lamented the cancellation of the balloon race, we visited a while and they told me that their neighbors are ready to by a spa from us, so I gave them a brochure.

I consider my customers to be my friends.  It would seem really weird any other way.

Terminator

This is how i do buisness with my customers"it works". Your the sweetest term :) ;)

104 Degrees

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2007, 04:02:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42