What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Followup to my first service call ...  (Read 8392 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Followup to my first service call ...
« on: July 08, 2007, 01:57:51 pm »
Well, they never showed on Thurs (it was raining) and Fri so I called Sat and I got the BS line of 'everyone is on vacation and I've been too busy to call'. As I said a BS answer. I was promised that it'll be taken care of this coming week. I reminded them that I already have been waiting 2 weeks.

Any store owners and service techs reading this, REMEMBER that customer service is the key to any business. All they would have had to do is call me on Thur and tell me due to the rain I would have to wait until next week and I probably would have been OK. ALWAYS call a customer before they call you. As far as being busy ... I'm sure it would be easier to make 10 service calls by phone then by showing up in person. AND if it's your own business, which in this case it is, then take time out of your personal life to make the calls if need be, one of the minus sides of owning your own business.

Now my dealer has a upset customer that will gladly tell people to stay away since they don't take care of their customers.

I'll update when it all gets resolved.

Hot Tub Forum

Followup to my first service call ...
« on: July 08, 2007, 01:57:51 pm »

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Followup to my first service call ...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 03:38:23 pm »
If it was me I would make up a picketing sign that says

"DO NOT BUY A SPA FROM THIS DEALER"

and stand in front of the store. Tell them you're not leaving until they fix your problem.

How much you wana bet they'll take care of your problem?

Movinon

• Grilln and chilln
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 07:20:05 am »
I bought a Hot Springs Vanguard last year and a pool this year from the same dealer.  I spent over 12K with this dealer and not one time since I purchased these items did the dealer ever call me to see if I was happy or if I had any questions.  By the same token, I bought a used Toyota truck 2 years ago and every six month the dealer sends me a letter thanking me for my business and just checking to see if I have any concerns.  He has even sent me birthday wishes for the past two years.  The difference -- when I purchase my next vehicle I will be inclined to purchase it from the Toyota dealer.  When I need pool and spa chemicals I don't buy them from Hotsprings dealer.  As a side note, I am very happy with the hot tub -- not so happy with the dealer.  

104 degrees

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 08:20:18 am »
I bought a Hot Springs Vanguard last year and a pool this year from the same dealer.  I spent over 12K with this dealer and not one time since I purchased these items did the dealer ever call me to see if I was happy or if I had any questions.  By the same token, I bought a used Toyota truck 2 years ago and every six month the dealer sends me a letter thanking me for my business and just checking to see if I have any concerns.  He has even sent me birthday wishes for the past two years.  The difference -- when I purchase my next vehicle I will be inclined to purchase it from the Toyota dealer.  When I need pool and spa chemicals I don't buy them from Hotsprings dealer.  As a side note, I am very happy with the hot tub -- not so happy with the dealer.  

When you do buy from someone else, send the dealer a letter telling them why you dont go there anymore.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 02:05:39 pm »
I am confused what does it matter that its raining.they dont do service in the rain.

You could just unscrew the air valve and look inside probably something real easy to fix.

Take the handle off unscrew the cap and look inside,you will see a small white ball check for any debris inside or just see if the valve itself is out of wack takes less than 2 minutes.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 04:37:17 pm »
Well if your saying that spa service techs do work in the rain, then that makes it even worse! I was assuming that the rain would push back service by a day.

As far as the air valve - I asked a bunch of questions to the dealer when I bought the tub and they told me that I could NOT unscrew the air valve that it was glued ito place. They specifically told me that the water diverter can be taken apart but the air can't.

I would gladly fix it if I can ... are you sure Artesian uses air valves that can be disassembled? Heck I'll do it, I just didn't want to break anything that will not be covered under warranty. Maybe this will be the start of a new career for me. 8-)

Please let me know - I'll try it if it is possible.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 04:37:53 pm by Vinny »

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 04:48:22 pm »
If I was in your shoes Vinny here is what I would do at this point.

Call up Artesian Tech support and ask them. They will tell you what the problem is and how to fix it. Also ask them how to file a complaint about a specific dealer and mention how horrible they are and that you're glad that the tech support people are so good at Artesian and thank them for all their help.

I then wouldn't fix the problem just yet, but rather make a picket sign like I mentioned above and stand in front of their store until they agree to fix your problem.
Once they agree to fix your problem(get a date and time), tell them how to fix it (because now you know), and be a real jerk about how they've taken so long to get back to him on such a simple problem, and that you've filed a complaint to Artesian and that they will be hearing from them.

Just keep in mind during the whole process of how many thousands dollars you spent on this thing.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 05:07:06 pm »
 If its an air valve yes you can take it apart,or is it you direct flow control which you can also take apart as well.

And yes spa techs do/should work in the rain/snow/sleet/ kinda like a postman without the holidays.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 05:56:51 pm »
Vinny, If this problem was costing you money, prevented you from using your tub or was getting worse and causing damage, you might need to get LOUD. But I think you probably have been patient with these people in the past, and so they don't expect that you will be too upset over this.

Sometimes in an effort to get your point across, you end up getting so upset that it is harmful to your own health. :-/ You'll need a long soak to get that Italian blood pressure down.

How about this...One more call, demand to speak to the owner. Tell him you have been patient and you know people have vacations and it rains  :o and they are busy, but you need your tub repaired immediately. Tell him you are in the process of writing a letter to corporate headquarters, and  will copy them, as you want everything to be perfectly clear before you take this complaint any futher.
Then write the letter, detail the run around that you have encountered. I might even let them know that you have expressed your dissatisfaction on a public forum.

I wouldn't chance taking anything apart. I know when my air controls went bad, I asked if I could just come get them and switch them out and my dealer said no way. I think there is a trick to getting them back in line correctly. All you need it to take something apart and have them claim that you voided your warranty...
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 06:11:52 pm »
Most likely the reason for the delay is the spa is running, sounds like all you have is an air issue. This does not make it right but I bet that is their thought process.

Also rain does not slow me down.

I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 06:48:05 pm »
 Okay dont take it apart what do I know,I only worked on them for 3 years.

Like others have stated it is just an air valve that can wait but how will they react when its something major in the middle of Winter?

BRRRRR its cold out and we cant work on spas when its cold out :'(

104 degrees

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 06:54:06 pm »

Like others have stated it is just an air valve that can wait but how will they react when its something major in the middle of Winter?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 07:05:25 pm »
Okay dont take it apart what do I know,I only worked on them for 3 years.

Hey Jim, you got to chill out!

I am willing to look at the valve, and my dealer called and said they will be here tomorrow - they don't show, I'll look at it. I work on all sorts of things but the last thing I want to do is bust something because I thought 'this is the way it should open'.

I was repeating what I was told with the valve and I was assuming they didn't show because of the rain, I wasn't told that by them. I also thought about how my spa was running and it wasn't a big deal.

Personally, I am a tech too and I don't want to beat up a tech as I may need them in the middle of winter and I know I treat my good customers better than my complaining ones. There are just some people you can't please regardless of what you do ... I don't want to be viewed as a "don't take care of" customer!  ;)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 07:48:20 pm »
I would not take it apart.  If you damage it in the process it could appear to be "customer abuse" and therefore not covered by warranty.

Why risk it, when you can simply make a picket sign, drive 45 minutes and waste your day standing in the sun in front of the store? :)

Then when you need the dealer in the winter when your spa is not heating, he will look forward to you standing in the snow with your picket sign.  That way he will not be lonely in the dead of winter. :D
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 07:56:26 pm »
 Sorry to much caffine today I guess, either way will you be there,watch him and see what the fix is.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 07:56:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42