What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: cover deterioration  (Read 2272 times)

kysteelerja

cover deterioration
« on: July 07, 2007, 11:51:40 am »
hi guys,

been quite a while, have had my emerald tub for over a year and love it, but now i have an issue with the cover, it has bubbled up on the underside and looks terrible.  my question....could this be due to chemical imbalance, and also what is the expected life of a cover?

thanks guys, if anyone knows it's the experts here!!

Hot Tub Forum

cover deterioration
« on: July 07, 2007, 11:51:40 am »

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
Re: cover deterioration
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 06:21:57 pm »
I have a emerald that is almost 2 yrs old with no problem with the cover yet. I would think you should get at least 2-3 yrs out of the factory cover. I think the chemicals can speed-up the process if you don't leave the cover off for a time after adding them. Have you called the dealer yet to see what they say? I would be interested in their response. Also are you using ozone? Some say that will make your cover deteriorate faster.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 07:56:05 am »
From what I've gathered on this forum over the years, the main cause for cover deterioration is chlorine.  Not leaving the cover open long enough after adding dichlor.  And I've also heard that ozone can shorten the life of the cover.
Same holds true for pillows.

Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 07:56:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42