What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: White Stain  (Read 2506 times)

cak224

White Stain
« on: July 05, 2007, 01:48:42 pm »
I have a new 2007 tiger river Bengal and have had it since Feb.  There is a white-ish stain just above the water.  I take a soft sponge to it but it reappears.  Any sugesstions?

Hot Tub Forum

White Stain
« on: July 05, 2007, 01:48:42 pm »

tublessnomore

Re: White Stain
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 07:37:13 pm »
I don't know what it is but I have the same problem.  I use bromine and was wondering if that was it.  All levels seem to be OK.  After I wipe mine down, it takes several day s for it to appear again.  Is this just part of routine maintenance?

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 08:42:49 pm »
I would think it's just oils, lotions, etc coming off of the bathers in your tub. I get a ring around my tub every once in awhile as well. Mainly only after I have company in the tub, typically female. They make products such as Defender from Liesure Time that help break up the matter before it causes a ring. There are also these things called scum balls, that float around in your tub, that capture the oils. I personally just scrub it off with a Magic Eraser after I add a dose of dichlor. This is one of a few reasons why I shower 95% of the time before I soak.
.......................Or it could just be a hard water stain? :-/
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 08:46:14 pm by WHY_NOT »

tublessnomore

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 01:10:14 pm »
I have always showered before my soak...that's what makes this white stuff so puzzeling.  I'll have to watch and see how soon it returns after I wipe it down and how many times I've been in it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 01:10:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42