What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My first service call ...  (Read 5536 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
My first service call ...
« on: June 20, 2007, 04:24:38 pm »
After having my tub for 2 years now I had to place a service call, my air valve won't turn off. Other than jets breaking and my dealer taking care of it, no other problems.

I was tempted to open up the tub and see if it was something I could fix but I figured if it was something easy they would ask me to look.

I guess it was inevitable...

Hot Tub Forum

My first service call ...
« on: June 20, 2007, 04:24:38 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: My first service call ...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 04:50:54 pm »
Vinny, Don't take your tub apart!! I don't know how your tub differs from mine, but I had the same problem and it was only a control knob replacement. Somehow the air controls have to line up with the which-a-macallits and when they don't, you can't turn them off... :o
Support your dealer so they can support you!

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 07:32:46 pm »
refreshing to see people posting about problems and resolutions. I wish I saw more of this. I guess either people don't like to admit when their tub has problems or these things are pretty reliable.

If your dealer is no help you could simply call the manufacturer support and they could tell you how to fix and send you the part, I'm sure it's something simple to fix. These things aren't rocket science. I've taken my side panels off and peeked at my controler knobs, etc.. Looks easy to replace/fix.
thanks for sharing.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 10:57:17 pm »
My dealer has been pretty good so far with the jets - I call her, she sends them out and I send the bad one back all under warranty.

I called her to tell her about the problem and she is scheduling it. I haven't heard back yet but my tub is not what I would call broken and I can live with it.

I thought it might be just a hose that popped off the air control - but I have a warranty and I figured I'd use it! I would hate to touch something that is under warranty and find it is a bigger problem than anticipated. Heck, I got to give it a try to be able to say what a great dealer she is ... or complain that it was the pits! ;) ;D

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 06:15:55 pm »
Curious what was the resolution to this problem?

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 06:55:24 pm »
refreshing to see people posting about problems and resolutions. I wish I saw more of this.

I got some poison ivy on my both my ***** last weekend.  Put some calamine lotion on 'em.  All ok now.
Haven't had any problems with the tub. Sorry.  :)
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 07:23:22 pm »
Yes, Vinny, we need to know how this was resolved...was it just a little control knob like my problem?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 08:48:56 pm »
It's funny you should ask this tonight .... I officially believe my dealer SUCKS at service!

I called about 2 weeks ago and the daughter (owner of the store) told me she would schedule something with the service tech (her father) for the following week. Well, I got called the following week and they scheduled it for today not last week as I thought. Of course it rained today and it was a no show - no problem as I don't expect someone to work in the rain but I didn't even get a call (unless they called my job and I didn't get the message) about it to tell me what's going on.

I guess I can take it two ways - they do SUCK or thankfully my tub is not broken enough to worry about the fact that they SUCK. I got 1 more year of warranty service and hopefully this will be it. I plan on working on my tub myself if and when it needs it. Makes me wish I didn't buy from such a small outfit but then again at least they're still in business (not trying to start something here).

Of course I'm pissed at this point but hey the tub is functioning and they have been pretty good when the jets break. Maybe when they finally do make it to my house something really major will need to be taken care of ...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 09:18:54 pm by Vinny »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 11:00:43 pm »
I bet you said something like, it isn't a real big deal, so  when you can get over here.....
and they just figured since he isn't yelling, we can fit him in at our leisure. I know I don't get real mad because someone doesn't show up unless they don't bother to call. If they call and give me some reason and reschedule, I'm usually satisfied.  I figure everyone has unexpected things happen. Sears did that to me 3 times for the same service call ..didn't call, and didn't show ...and I ended up with a new heater for my dishwasher (out of warranty)  >:( >:( for free ;D

loosenupspas

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 03:49:55 pm »
in the venturi air control valve there is a tiny oring that is out of place.....it is easily repaired....vinny...where do you live....i will stop by on my way home......good luck

IDW

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 08:05:33 pm »
I officially believe my dealer SUCKS at service!

quote]
Maybe they are busy.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 08:58:35 pm »
I officially believe my dealer SUCKS at service!

quote]
Maybe they are busy.

IDW,

I am a service person in a different industry, I am now on 2 weeks from placing the call on 6/20/07. I think that a 2 week lead time should be sufficient to get to a repair unless they forgot which is a different story altogether.  >:( I also believe in "fixing the customer" and not calling is doing the opposite. Communication is the key to customer satisfaction and service is the driving force. Don't let any salesperson fool you - service techs are the backbone of any industry - of course this view may be slightly biased! ;)

Markus

• HS Vanguard 2005
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2007, 07:28:34 am »
Quote from: Vinny
  My dealer has been pretty good so far with the jets - I call her, she sends them out and I send the bad one back all under warranty.

I don't understand why you should have to be inconvenienced with having to send the jets back to them (if it's under warranty). Why can't they pick them up?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 07:34:22 am »
They are about 45 minutes away and for the time involed in getting the jets or me returning the jets - I think it is prohibitive. I'm just happy that they are replacing the jets under warranty and not telling me it's a water imbalance or something I did; which is not the case for either scenario.

104 degrees

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2007, 07:46:03 am »
They are about 45 minutes away and for the time involed in getting the jets or me returning the jets - I think it is prohibitive. I'm just happy that they are replacing the jets under warranty and not telling me it's a water imbalance or something I did; which is not the case for either scenario.

Vinny

What type tub do you have??

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2007, 07:46:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42