What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Great Lakes Install w/pics  (Read 3771 times)

Spiderman

Great Lakes Install w/pics
« on: July 05, 2007, 02:24:42 pm »
My friend finally got his deck finished and I helped him install his used Great Lakes spa.  I think it's a Manitou and it's about 6 years old.  He paid $1200 for it.

Here's a pic of the tub, I think it's now called the Forte.

Here's an undershot of Great Lakes thermopane insulation.  More like, NO INSULATION.  I told my friend he'd better start saving now for the winter power bills.

And another

The equipment compartment

One more from the top

He told me I could take pics of the install, if I also posted the view of the river.  Very nice view.

His deck sits about 5' off the ground.  It took four of us to push it up onto the deck.  Not too bad as it only weighs around 450lbs.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 02:26:23 pm by Spiderman »
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

Great Lakes Install w/pics
« on: July 05, 2007, 02:24:42 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Great Lakes Install w/pics
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 02:32:38 pm »
The pics are great Spider. Thanks.  I really like the underside photos.   I hope your friend has good luck with the tub.  

The purple shell? Eh, used spas, you get what you can find.  ;)

What's the square opening on top? at first I thought it was the filter well, but that's not right...

wait..don't tell me....an ice bucket? ohhh la la.  ;)

I also got a chuckle, that even thought the spa isn't even filled yet, the drink holders are being ultilized.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 02:33:43 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 02:33:14 pm »
I like the Budweiser in the tub before the water.  In my opinion, that tub is filled.  Any leaks?   ;D
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 02:37:45 pm »
I like the Budweiser in the tub before the water.  In my opinion, that tub is filled.  Any leaks?   ;D

notice how the bottom of the bottle will be sitting below the water line? (first pic) ::) Great Lakes aslo features flip out cup rings to hep keep the bottle in place. (Hard to see in this pic, but abotu 1/2 up the bottle you can see it.) These little plasitc rings look like they would snap (and posslibey slice open your thigh if you bumped against them.

What's the bud and the tub have in common?

They're both near water! (rim shot)

Thank you! I'll be here all week.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 02:40:28 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 02:37:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42