What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Does Moisturizer like Velvet Touch Work  (Read 5833 times)

nsavarirayan

Does Moisturizer like Velvet Touch Work
« on: June 27, 2007, 01:54:07 pm »
Hey guys does this stuff actually make your skin feel less dry coming out of the hot tub.  It s one thing i do notice about the tub is having very dry skin once I get out.  But I don't want to add random products to the tub unless they are useful.

Hot Tub Forum

Does Moisturizer like Velvet Touch Work
« on: June 27, 2007, 01:54:07 pm »

LindaWeg

Re: Does Moisturizer like Velvet Touch Work
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 04:45:44 pm »
This redhead here is blonde when it comes to a hottub but when I read your post the first question came to me was how's your pH of the tub?   Here in Colorado, in the area where I live, our water is not too hard, not too soft but it did take me a few days to get a handle on the pH.  Once I got it in range, dry skin was not an issue at all.

I'm sure the experienced guys (and women too) know more about this...

Linda

nsavarirayan

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 05:27:57 pm »
Hey I like Red Heads!!

My Ph has been tough to stabilize it is always too high and each time i get it down it takes only a few days to go back up again. Do you think high ph causes dry skin issues?

anne

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 04:32:24 am »
How about strawberry blondes?

I tried Velvet touch many months ago, and it made my water cloud up more with all the jets on. I have not added it since, though I might experiment again as I get closer to refill-time.
Dance like nobody's watching

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 07:26:33 pm »
How about strawberry blondes?

I tried Velvet touch many months ago, and it made my water cloud up more with all the jets on. I have not added it since, though I might experiment again as I get closer to refill-time.

My wife is a strawberry blonde so my answer is yes I do! 8-)

To be a little blunt here, nsavarirayan I don't know how much of a newbie you are and maybe you aren't a newbie at all but before adding any additional stuff to the water get the water chemistry down pat. Adding something else to the water can or will mess it up and if the base knowledge isn't there on water care what is there to do? I had 4 years experience with pool water chemistry and the spa didn't behave at all the way my pool acted ... it took me a long while to get it straight and what I said is from experience.

If you need to add anything at this point, I would use a lotion after spaing.

steve771

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 12:54:30 am »
I tried it once, got foaming.  Didn't really notice a diff in the 'feel' once the tub settled down either.

nsavarirayan

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 11:18:41 am »
Hey Vinny to answer your question - I am certainly a newb when it comes to pool chemistry but I am working on it.  But I agree - why add stuff before you get your balance right.  So far i got the taylor test its and have been testing the water quite often.  So far the water has been nice (its only been two weeks).  But I think I will just stick to the lotion after the tub.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 11:18:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42